Weekly Question August 18, 2023 (self.neurodivergent)
submitted 1 year ago by QuestionBot to c/neurodivergent

Here is this week's question:

What is a skill or hobby you've been enjoying lately?

Beep boop, I'm a bot. Read more about me here

top 4 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] favrion 3 points 1 year ago

I've been supervising at a summer art camp and it has made me consider getting back into drawing.

[-] Krzak 2 points 1 year ago

I'm learning how to weave with tablets. There's a set of threads, every 4 threads pass through a card. A typical piece requires about 16 cards. They are turned forwards or backwards, this twists the threads and they are locked in place by passing a separate long thread throught the twisted ones. Colorful belts and tapes can be made on this. Tablet weaving dates back to 8th century BCE, doing ancient stuff is fun.

[-] jessmahler 2 points 1 year ago

I love tablet weaving! been working on it for ~6 months. Are you learning thread-in or double faced do you know?

[-] jessmahler 1 points 1 year ago

I always enjoy my writing, but haven't really spent time on any hobbies lately. I just committed to spending a couple hours a week on my hobbies, so hopefully that'll change soon. Tablet weaving and visible mending, but also herbalism and indoor gardening.

this post was submitted on 18 Aug 2023
2 points (100.0% liked)

Neurodivergent

338 readers
1 users here now

Welcome

A community of individuals with neurodivergent issues or know a neurodivergent person.

Do not avoid sharing or helping because you do not want to associate your account with personal details.

It's healthy to talk and healthy to help others. Create an alt account if it helps. Folks need encouragement.

Find Help

Rules

1. Don’t spam
  2. No personal and/or confidential information
  3. No threatening, harassing, or inciting violence

Similar channels

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS