submitted 9 hours ago* (last edited 9 hours ago) by o7___o7@awful.systems to c/techtakes@awful.systems

John Mulaney gets paid by prompt fondlers to tell jokes at a party. He spends 45 minutes telling them that they are idiots, which is nice.

top 20 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] MisterNeon@lemmy.world 2 points 1 hour ago

I hope he gets invited to a ServiceNow convention.

[-] V0ldek@awful.systems 13 points 4 hours ago

“You’re a VP of customer success?” he asked another attendee. “Congratulations on your position that did not exist five years ago!”

Okay what the fuck is a "VP of customer success" though, that's a title so made up money laundering has to be involved, no?

[-] fasterandworse@awful.systems 5 points 2 hours ago* (last edited 1 hour ago)

It's like how "marketing" became "UX research/design"

[-] antifuchs@awful.systems 6 points 2 hours ago

The industry called it “field engineering” previously, and “customer support” prior to that; renames happened every time the execs heard how this portion of their business is only a cost center and can easily be done by chat bots (to which the customer success people would say, good luck with that).

[-] gerikson@awful.systems 9 points 3 hours ago

"Customer success" has been creeping into biztalk lately. According to Ed Zitron it refers to that subspecies of salescritter that works with SaaS ~~victims~~customers to ensure they keep expanding their buying.

[-] vin@lemmynsfw.com 3 points 3 hours ago

It's just support and upsell

I wish I could see that set and the audience reactions.

[-] Soyweiser@awful.systems 14 points 5 hours ago* (last edited 5 hours ago)

I'm afraid for that, as I fear you would see a lot of laughing people. The emperor knows he is naked, but he still is emperor and he sees the people pretend he has clothes. The people of the court also know the emperor is naked, but he is the emperor and they will go along with his wishes. What are they going to do? Quit?

[-] swlabr@awful.systems 29 points 7 hours ago

This is great.

What I’ve heard from my endless hours of comedy podcasts is that at corporate gigs like this, sometimes some execs start getting the idea that, because comedy is being performed, that they get to make some jokes too. Once they get up on stage, the worst possible mask off shit just pours forth. I kind of want to know if that happened.

[-] jordanlund@lemmy.world 20 points 7 hours ago
[-] Cris_Color@lemmy.world 36 points 8 hours ago

If you didn't read the article, go read it, that shit is fucking hilarious

[-] jaggedrobotpubes@lemmy.world 13 points 8 hours ago

Seconding that, holy shit I like him even more now.

[-] SirSamuel@lemmy.world 10 points 5 hours ago

Look folks, i took the advice of the above posters, and I have to say, it's pretty solid. 5 minutes well spent

[-] jonhendry@iosdev.space 9 points 8 hours ago

@o7___o7

There's a hospital in France where a horse visits the patients. In the hospital. There was a thing in The Guardian about it a few years back.

[-] SpaceNoodle@lemmy.world 4 points 6 hours ago

How does the horse choose the patients?

[-] SPRUNT@lemmy.world 1 points 48 minutes ago

Well, the horse is a cardiologist, so the patient list is pretty apparent.

[-] jonhendry@iosdev.space 2 points 6 hours ago

@SpaceNoodle

It gets led to them. By a human.

[-] ABCDE@lemmy.world 12 points 8 hours ago
[-] jaggedrobotpubes@lemmy.world 24 points 8 hours ago

Mulaney did a bit about how having trump as president is like having a horse loose in the hospital.

It doesn't really work on a second level for the headline though, so there's no reason for it to be there.

[-] walter_wiggles@lemmy.nz 6 points 9 hours ago

Prompt fondlers got slop running down their chins.

this post was submitted on 29 Sep 2024
117 points (100.0% liked)

TechTakes

1287 readers
407 users here now

Big brain tech dude got yet another clueless take over at HackerNews etc? Here's the place to vent. Orange site, VC foolishness, all welcome.

This is not debate club. Unless it’s amusing debate.

For actually-good tech, you want our NotAwfulTech community

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS