top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] HeyThisIsntTheYMCA@lemmy.world 1 points 26 seconds ago

He'd open the raw chicken and leave separate breasts individually on each aisle after deciding he didn't want it. If JD can't have it, no one can.

[-] match@pawb.social 6 points 2 hours ago

JD Vance is a man in deep shopping cart return debt

[-] CondensedPossum@lemmy.world 0 points 52 minutes ago

"this will show that politician whom I dislike a thing or two" 😈 writes comparative fan fiction

i just don't understand why these politicians think they can walk all over us an' commit blood libel with consequences like these

[-] Stalinwolf@lemmy.ca 22 points 7 hours ago

Some dickhead once left two 6pks of raw chicken breast in my humongous bin of yams. I came in the following morning to find the fucking juicefest. I had to throw away all of it. Probably 160lbs of yams/sweet potatoes.

[-] GlendatheGayWitch@lemmy.world 4 points 3 hours ago

I worked in a grocery store for a while. There was something smelly in the store and it took us a couple days to find it. Someone hid some meat (it might have been shrimp and/or beef) they didn't want behind 4 bags of dog food at the very back of the shelf.

[-] BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world 8 points 5 hours ago

Like how hard is it to walk it back?

[-] AlecSadler@sh.itjust.works 4 points 1 hour ago

Or, fuck, at least take it up front when you check out and just say you didn't want it. When I worked at a grocery store we'd just run it back to where it should go.

These same people probably leave their carts wherethefuckever too.

[-] BenLeMan@lemmy.world 4 points 3 hours ago

*drive your Little Rascal back

load more comments (5 replies)
[-] moistclump@lemmy.world 11 points 6 hours ago

Is this tweet going to be used in political science textbooks in the future to describe the political landscape and its intersection with meme culture?

[-] blindbunny@lemmy.ml 2 points 3 hours ago

Yep if you're comment is good enough they'll include it in the post capitalism reeducation text book, good lucky buddy.

[-] oleorun@real.lemmy.fan 83 points 11 hours ago

Walz puts his cart back. Vance leaves it sitting in the parking spot next to him.

[-] LillyPip@lemmy.ca 13 points 5 hours ago

Vance parks in the crosshatches next to the disabled space during a snowstorm so I have to go back into the store again to have him paged so I can access my car in my wheelchair. He then takes 20 minutes to finish shopping before coming out, and acts like I’m the one who inconvenienced him by making him rush. (Yes, this actually happened. It wasn’t Vance, but someone like him.)

[-] BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world 41 points 11 hours ago

And it rolls into some poor person's old beater car and scratches it.

[-] Duranie@literature.cafe 20 points 10 hours ago

If he notices, he chuckles to himself. But I'm feeling like he wouldn't care enough to notice which direction the cart goes, as long as it doesn't inconvenience him.

[-] FinalRemix@lemmy.world 3 points 7 hours ago* (last edited 7 hours ago)

He just lets go of the cart and what happens happens.

[-] Juice@midwest.social 10 points 8 hours ago

It's interesting that with the new affidavit leak, just a few years ago he was a never-Trump moderate, and now he's distinguished himself as one of the most vile, feckless, shameless chuds in the game.

As an Ohioan it was always clear he was a disgusting freak, there was a lot of discussion about him when his elitist couch-cucking manifesto was released, but he's really turned up the volume on the worst parts of Republican discourse. Just goes to show what "mainstream" conservative discourse is, and where it is headed -- as well as what the backlash will be if they keep on it.

[-] blockheadjt@sh.itjust.works 12 points 8 hours ago

JD Vance doesn't know how to order donuts at a donut shop.

He doesn't do his own shopping.

[-] ByteOnBikes@slrpnk.net 11 points 7 hours ago

JD Vance walks into a supermarket: "Excuse me, how long have you worked here? Can you provide me a basket of groceries? Put in what's reasonable."

[-] hOrni@lemmy.world 9 points 8 hours ago

Kamala seems like someone who can make a bang on spaghetti. Trump eats his steaks well done.

[-] ByteOnBikes@slrpnk.net 12 points 7 hours ago

Trump eating steak? Nah. Still too sophisticated.

This is a guy who bought Fast Food as a celebration.

Here's the idiot eating McDonald's while visiting Japan's Prime Minister.

[-] zeppo@lemmy.world 1 points 1 hour ago

Visiting Japan and he eats McDonald’s…. what a fucking heathen. He is known for liking well done steaks with ketchup too, though.

[-] WhatYouNeed@lemmy.world 4 points 6 hours ago

Well done and drowned in tomato sauce.

[-] SkunkWorkz@lemmy.world 7 points 6 hours ago* (last edited 6 hours ago)

Tomato ketchup straight from McDonald’s packets. And ofcourse he uses the Fancy Ketchup, because he’s classy.

[-] Curiousfur@yiffit.net 48 points 12 hours ago

Hides the chicken behind something because he's embarrassed by leaving it so nobody finds it until it starts to rot 🤢🤮

[-] spankmonkey@lemmy.world 30 points 11 hours ago

Not because he's embarrassed, but because he wants employees to suffer.

[-] cynar@lemmy.world 13 points 10 hours ago

Hiding it requires caring, even if in a negative manner. People like him simply don't care at all, at least to an individual level. Why should the aristocracy care about the help?

The poor, as an amalgam, are vaguely worth caring about it, taking $50 off of 1 million people is actually worth the effort. After all, $50 is next to nothing. Who would even notice the difference?

In many ways, amoral indifference is far more horrifying than active evil. No one sees themselves as the villain of their own story. Crushing ants also doesn't make you evil (though the ants will strongly disagree).

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] pyre@lemmy.world 12 points 9 hours ago

some drumsticks, some wings... beaks, whatever makes sense...

[-] Backlog3231@reddthat.com 8 points 8 hours ago

Walz lets you cut in from of him.

Jimmy Dean pays an immigrant $3 an hour to shop for him and tells them they're ruining the country when they return with the food.

[-] over_clox@lemmy.world 55 points 12 hours ago

I dunno, Vance seems more like the sorta guy that would take the raw chicken into the restroom and pull the couch maneuver..

[-] henfredemars@infosec.pub 19 points 12 hours ago

… eww

Right but wow I didn’t want to imagine that.

[-] Dagnet@lemmy.world 13 points 10 hours ago

Commenting on your post so you get a notification and imagine that again

[-] henfredemars@infosec.pub 5 points 9 hours ago

Imagine what? What was this comment again?

🤢

[-] BeatTakeshi@lemmy.world 4 points 9 hours ago* (last edited 9 hours ago)

Hittin it raw

[-] Nougat@fedia.io 23 points 12 hours ago

So you know, if you have taken a perishable item from a cooler in a grocery store and later decide that you don't want it, the store has to throw it away.

[-] yngmnwntr@lemmy.ml 10 points 8 hours ago

I've worked in a lot of grocery stores in multiple states for over a decade and this has never been true in my experience. Staff puts their hand on it, if its cold it goes back in the cooler, if it's warm it gets tossed. It is not a definite garbage item despite the lingering urban myth. If it is true its a store policy at one company, and it must be regional because no major national chain does this.

[-] flicker@lemmy.world 9 points 8 hours ago

I work at a grocery store now and what you say is still true.

Items are only thrown out if they've been removed from the store before returning.

[-] TheReturnOfPEB@reddthat.com 13 points 11 hours ago

goofus and gallant reborn for a new age

[-] Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world 7 points 10 hours ago

Except a lot of the time Gallant wasn't even being virtuous, just blindly obedient..

[-] TheReturnOfPEB@reddthat.com 8 points 10 hours ago

don't do what johnny don't does

[-] macarthur_park@lemmy.world 8 points 10 hours ago* (last edited 10 hours ago)

They could’ve made this clearer.

[-] OldWoodFrame@lemm.ee 2 points 8 hours ago

Ever since I saw one of these that I disagreed with politically I realized how dumb they are.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 28 Sep 2024
1016 points (98.8% liked)

Political Memes

5268 readers
2195 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS