submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by jgrim to c/neurodivergent

I've always had a bunch of screens when working. Recently, I've been using just my laptop without the extra screens and I find I can focus more. Is this a typical thing?

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] jgrim 1 points 1 year ago

That is quite an interesting setup. I'd go mad with all those distractions. Looks like a kid's play room in front of you. How do you not stop working and play all day!? I have to stay across the house from my son; otherwise, I lose at least an hour of productivity.

[-] infinitevalence 1 points 1 year ago

I have installed doors to help with that and having a huge monitor covers a large part of my field of view.

Also meds make a big difference.

That's much better! Nice! Is it good for sound isolation?

It helps for sure. Now I just need to finish the drywall mud, sand, prime, paint, and do the trim.

It's been a low priority project.

The final touches always take longer to get motivated to do. I remodeled a bathroom about 5 months ago and the trim remains. I did the rest, though, haha. I also put down new flooring in my son's playroom... still missing trim.

I also get pulled into lots of other projects by my wife. I call her the Kanye of home improvement.

https://imgflip.com/i/7r7snq

That's hilarious, haha. I'm going to use that.

this post was submitted on 30 Jun 2023
8 points (100.0% liked)

Neurodivergent

338 readers
1 users here now

Welcome

A community of individuals with neurodivergent issues or know a neurodivergent person.

Do not avoid sharing or helping because you do not want to associate your account with personal details.

It's healthy to talk and healthy to help others. Create an alt account if it helps. Folks need encouragement.

Find Help

Rules

1. Don’t spam
  2. No personal and/or confidential information
  3. No threatening, harassing, or inciting violence

Similar channels

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS