submitted 3 weeks ago* (last edited 3 weeks ago) by Starlet@hexbear.net to c/traaaaaaannnnnnnnnns@hexbear.net

her,,, expolde

Join our puplic Matrix server! https://matrix.to/#/#tracha:chapo.chat

As a reminder, be sure to properly give content warnings and put sensitive subjects behind proper spoiler tags. It's for the mental health of not just your comrades, but yourself as well.

Here is a screenshot of where to find the spoiler button.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] yewler@hexbear.net 28 points 3 weeks ago* (last edited 3 weeks ago)

Update: I can't believe I actually did it. My anxious ass actually went and did it. I came out to my boss and she was suuuuper accepting and wonderful

[-] Yor@hexbear.net 11 points 3 weeks ago
[-] yewler@hexbear.net 6 points 3 weeks ago

I know! She said that the department has had trans GAs in the past and have been super supportive.

[-] MusicOwl@hexbear.net 8 points 3 weeks ago
[-] yewler@hexbear.net 4 points 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much!

[-] ashinadash@hexbear.net 7 points 3 weeks ago

Holy shit, you're goin fast, congrats. Your first big step!!

[-] yewler@hexbear.net 6 points 3 weeks ago

Yeah! I worry that I'm going too fast and not giving myself processing time, but at the same time, I want to be myself so bad, after living into my 20s as a faker. I'm convinced at this point that those feelings of faking root themselves in being trans, and I want so desperately to stop pretending. I'm sick of feeling like an empty shell of a human.

I realized that my biggest fear in this whole thing isn't transphobes. It isn't my family. It's not being wrong. My biggest fear is living my whole life as someone I'm not, and I decided I'm not letting that happen, and I don't want to waste another second. I'm almost certain I won't want to detransition, but I always have that option.

I recognize I'm getting into rant territory, but you know what, I've started and I can't stop lol. I already feel my confidence in myself improving. I wake up in the morning feeling a new kind of way, just having this knowledge about myself. I look into the mirror and I still look the same way, but I can actually tell myself I love myself, for probably the first time ever. I've been having my friends call me a new name. It started as an experiment, but god damn I already feel so much more connected to it than the name I lived with for 2 and a half decades, which is ridiculous as I'm someone who struggles with change. It's started to feel actively weird when my students, for example, call me Mr. [last name]. I know they're literally just words, but the words she and her feel so personal to me in a way I've never felt towards he or him. I'm basically addicted to seeing myself in this new way and I want nothing more than to let it out. It feels so good and brings me so much happiness to realize that I can be whoever the fuck I want to be.

It will probably be a while before I'm able to talk to my parents, but I feel like my job is a nice little safe space of open minded and accepting people.

[-] ashinadash@hexbear.net 3 points 3 weeks ago

Good rant, thank u for ranting. I have no concerns about you from what I've seen and am seeing tbh. You worry about not giving yourself processing time, but I don't. Your logic looks rock solid to me, this is making you feel good and live good. If you're afraid of living as someone you aren't, transition is the best thing to do about it, and yeah, worst case you can just stop.

You're going a lot faster than a lot of people I see, but honestly uncritical support. Recently I'm seeing a lot of people do things pretty fast, like SnowySkyes, and I think it's great. Don't let anyone put dumb dents in this new confidence you have, do what makes you feel good.

Just make sure to keep us posted ✨

I will keep you all posted :) I love posting here. And honestly thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm a little self conscious about my speed, but it helped me out a good deal reading your post.

[-] ashinadash@hexbear.net 4 points 3 weeks ago

Yw! I think it's only so unusual because of transphobic systems. If hrt were freely accessible and social transition did not carry potential risks, I think people would speedrun it all the time, and tbh I greatly respect your determination. Reminds me of myself cat-trans

I owe my speenrun ability to the megathread, straight up. I can guarantee I wouldn't be where I am without the wonderful words of wisdom of the based-ass trans people on this website.

I have noticed both broadly and in the mega, the more information and knowledge gets spread, the earlier and faster people realise they are trans :3 which slaps tbh.

It does slap. I only wish I had access to this kind of information as a youngin'. Though maybe it was for the best that I started figuring this stuff out after I had already moved out of my parents' house.

The best time to have transitioned is when you do it meow-petted it does help to be away from parents tho yeah.

[-] magi@hexbear.net 3 points 3 weeks ago

Congratulations, big step and glad it went well for you! cat-trans

this post was submitted on 09 Sep 2024
91 points (97.9% liked)

traaaaaaannnnnnnnnns

929 readers
307 users here now

Welcome to /c/traaaaaaannnnnnnnnns, an anti-capitalist meme community for transgender and gender diverse people.

1. Please follow the Hexbear Code of Conduct

2. Selfies are not permitted for the personal safety of users.

3. No personal identifying information may be posted or commented.

4. Stay on topic (trans/gender stuff).

5. Bring a trans friend!

6. Any image post that gets 200 upvotes with "banner" or "rule 6" in the title becomes the new banner.

7. Posts about dysphoria/trauma/transphobia should be NSFW tagged for community health purposes.

8. When made outside of NSFW tagged posts, comments about dysphoria/traumatic/transphobic material should be spoiler tagged.

9. While this is mostly a meme community, we allow most trans related posts as we grow the trans community on the fediverse.

If you need your neopronouns added to the list, please contact the site admins.

Remember to report rulebreaking posts, don't assume someone else has already done it!

Matrix Group Chat:

Suggested Matrix Client: Cinny

https://matrix.to/#/#tracha:chapo.chat

WEBRINGS:

Transmasculine Pride Ring flag-trans-pride

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS