Oh cool, a Nazi (hexbear.net)
submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by eatmyass@hexbear.net to c/the_dunk_tank@hexbear.net

update: he told me he thinks eating ass is disgusting. This person is irredeemable

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] emizeko@hexbear.net 136 points 1 year ago

still be running from lions

fuck off and die you racist piece of shit

[-] kneel_before_yakub@hexbear.net 96 points 1 year ago

Reading that and the hitler-detector starts going crazy

[-] hotcouchguy@hexbear.net 54 points 1 year ago

Always a good sign when someone drops a "nuanced" view on Hitler in the first half of the post

[-] fuckiforgotmypasswor@hexbear.net 91 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

this is such a fucking perfect distillation of your lowest common denominator r*ddit pilled sam harris loving facts and logic dork

still be running from lions

1. be racist ✅

[Hitler] was, in fact, an effective leader these statements are factual

1. confidently confuse your shitty opinion with facts, even though your entire fucking gimmick is understanding facts and logic ✅

Thankfully, I don't answer to anyone, so I can give my honest answer

1. be racist ✅
load more comments (3 replies)
[-] KarlBarqs@hexbear.net 89 points 1 year ago

acknowledging [Hitler] was, in fact, an effective leader

Wasn't his leadership famous for being incredibly dysfunctional? Like there wasn't a single thing about the Nazi "state" as it was that was even remotely functional at any point

[-] GaveUp@hexbear.net 58 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Effective at leading people by appealing to their emotions, not so great at leading the nation/economy or the military during war

[-] jack@hexbear.net 47 points 1 year ago

Literally his only skill was inciting violence

[-] ZapataCadabra@hexbear.net 34 points 1 year ago

That's the one redditors care about most.

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] Tankiedesantski@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago

Like there wasn't a single thing about the Nazi "state" as it was that was even remotely functional at any point

Did you know that Kristallnacht caused a Reich-wide foreign exchange crisis because of the sudden demand for imported glass?

load more comments (16 replies)
[-] ewichuu@hexbear.net 88 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

hypermilitarizes society

convinces itself it is the greatest military on earth

fights one war

loses

leader kills himself in embarrassment

how is this effective?

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] judgeholden@hexbear.net 85 points 1 year ago

you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to Hitler"

[-] BountifulEggnog@hexbear.net 52 points 1 year ago

Okay, but he did kill Hitler.

[-] NephewAlphaBravo@hexbear.net 43 points 1 year ago

Good things can come from bad people, like one side of Hitler's skull coming out through the other side

[-] aaaaaaadjsf@hexbear.net 78 points 1 year ago

However, had we not brought them over here, it's a good possibility they would still be running away from lions.

Wtf does he think modern day Africa is lmao, he thinks we ride lions to school or some shit? That I keep a pet lion in the backyard? That they just roam though the cities like it's an everyday thing?

The only time I've seen a lion here was in a nature reserve, that literally had the word "lion" in it's name lol.

[-] GeorgeZBush@hexbear.net 49 points 1 year ago

Africa was and is just a place where people run from lions like a constant Scooby-Doo chase

[-] Flaps@hexbear.net 40 points 1 year ago

Africa is just one hallway with a lot of doors and people run in and out of them chased by a lion

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] psychoplantkiller@hexbear.net 40 points 1 year ago

also did he really think being forced to live a life in chains, serving under the whip of a colonial master was the preferable alternative to 'running away from lions?'

[-] shath@hexbear.net 30 points 1 year ago

tbt to when i moved to the uk and everyone asked if i rode a lion to school smdh

[-] LaBellaLotta@hexbear.net 73 points 1 year ago

These fucking clowns really tell on themselves whenever they try and do the “you gotta hand it to Hitler” move but like, by what metric was hitler an effective leader? He was famously corrupt and the Nazis fucking lost

[-] Tankiedesantski@hexbear.net 56 points 1 year ago

You gotta hand it to Hitler.

"It" being a cyanide capsule.

[-] eatmyass@hexbear.net 53 points 1 year ago

that's the funniest part, like there's not even an argument for "handing it to hitler"

[-] GeorgeZBush@hexbear.net 70 points 1 year ago

Hitler was so effective that he caused the worst war in history and blew his brains out lmao

[-] kneel_before_yakub@hexbear.net 36 points 1 year ago

Fascism is so good it makes Germany go from the strongest military in Europe to the weakest military in Germany.

[-] AssortedBiscuits@hexbear.net 66 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)
[-] WarmSoda@lemm.ee 41 points 1 year ago

That kind of stuff is fascinating. People all over the world invented, forgot, reinvented, etc technology all the time at completely different times in history.

Humans can be smart af.

load more comments (6 replies)
[-] NephewAlphaBravo@hexbear.net 65 points 1 year ago

not being racist*

:kelly:

*latest fad

[-] eatmyass@hexbear.net 44 points 1 year ago

hey I'm just telling it like it is

[-] Ram_The_Manparts@hexbear.net 64 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Thankfully, I don't answer to anyone, so I can give an honest answer.

Imagine being this cool. I bet this guy is just drowning in pussy.

[-] WarmSoda@lemm.ee 50 points 1 year ago

This guy is in another post right now arguing that homophobia isn't real.

[-] Ram_The_Manparts@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

That checks out

[-] Owl@hexbear.net 63 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Yeah, the guy who started a two front war and got his country carved into two by in a joint effort by two countries that fucking hate each other, very effective, such leader, wow.

[-] CrispyFern@hexbear.net 62 points 1 year ago

CW: Self Harm

Come to power in 1933

Promise a 1000 year Reich

Kill yourself 12 years later as your entire country get bombed back to the stone age

Such an effective leader so-true

[-] Alterecho@midwest.social 62 points 1 year ago

"Running from lions." Fucking idiot. Same old "we saved them from barbarism" bullshit that's been fed to colonialist shills for centuries now. Find a new line lol. Guy's probably just reciting shit he heard from some other racist asshole.

[-] SootyChimney@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

A concerning amount of people unironically still believe in the White Man's Burden.

[-] keepcarrot@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago

The Colonialism saved the barbarians is a pretty common argument and belief, I feel like slave taking from Africa improved Africa is another step further

[-] BynarsAreOk@hexbear.net 51 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I see the whole "Hitler was a great charismatic leader which is how he rose to power and [insert OP here]" and the first part is also extremely anti-materialist too, its basically the libs world view of how politics goes down in the real world.

"Oh but the Germans realy only liked Hitler because he was good making speeches", realy now as if there were literaly no other material, social-economic and historical reasons why Nazism appeared?

Libs absolutely love this shit because

1- It legitimizes the whole personality cult around dictators removing any materialistic or ideological basis leading straight to nonsensical Stalin = Hitler because lib woke, sorry I mean authoritarianism.

2-It allows them to never look at capitalism's faults or their own European history of plundering and conflict even among themselves, WW2 was a just a really bad guy or maybe a few bad "apples"(see clean Wehrmacht) in charge. Now that the right people are in charge there is nothing that could possibly go wrong.

[-] Rom@hexbear.net 45 points 1 year ago

"African nations are undeveloped because [racism]" as if the centuries of colonial powers pillaging the land, enslaving the people, and plundering their resources had nothing to do with it.

[-] Tankiedesantski@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

"African nations are undeveloped because [racism]

geordi-no

"African nations are undeveloped because racism

geordi-yes

[-] Egon@hexbear.net 45 points 1 year ago

Hitler was evil

Say the line Bart!

However.

Yayyyyy!

[-] PosadistInevitablity@hexbear.net 43 points 1 year ago

An effective leader is when you destroy your entire country in six years, and the more you destroy it the more effective you are.

[-] Rojo27@hexbear.net 42 points 1 year ago

fash-bash

Pretty simple.

[-] janny@hexbear.net 41 points 1 year ago

hitler was a pedophile crack addict that didn't get up earlier than 11AM and would have massive erratic mood swings that everyone around him had to accommodate.

africa was full of medium sized states more than capable of self-governance and also had interesting tribal kinship networks that established stateless but complex societies with divisions of labor with populations over 10K

this man has had nothing but pop history his entire life and it shows

[-] regul@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

the West Africa understander has logged on

[-] PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

Can't deny the effectiveness

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

look, when you reorient your entire country to eternal warfare, and then lose, that's being effective. if your term doesn't end with you committing suicide in a bunker, you barely have a legacy to speak of.

[-] Freeanotherday@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

This is a test to see how cross instance auto fill works. Please ignore

@zerocool@lemm.ee

This has nothing to do with op. Please ignore.

[-] ShimmeringKoi@hexbear.net 32 points 1 year ago

"Running from lions" motherfucker there was a kingdom in Africa whose name eludes me rn that skipped the Bronze Age and just went straight to iron.

[-] Freeanotherday@hexbear.net 32 points 1 year ago

Cool cool cool

brace-cowboy

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 23 Aug 2023
222 points (99.6% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15893 readers
338 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS