What the fuck (hexbear.net)
submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS@hexbear.net to c/the_dunk_tank@hexbear.net
top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Dirt_Owl@hexbear.net 125 points 1 year ago

Told you guys they're just going to make up excuses to hate us. Unsuprising that anti-communists would use NATO-like tactics

[-] thelastaxolotl@hexbear.net 105 points 1 year ago

They also posted a nato flag with the words "gay right are non-negotiable" unironically, bunch of vaushites

[-] iridaniotter@hexbear.net 117 points 1 year ago

No matter, I shall simply post harder.

[-] Ideology@hexbear.net 86 points 1 year ago

The GDR insignia makes everything cooler

load more comments (5 replies)
load more comments (15 replies)
[-] Twink@hexbear.net 70 points 1 year ago

Funny. Years ago I sent a letter to European Union asking them to force participating countries to pass LGBT protections. They basically told me in a very polite way "sorry, can't / won't do". NATO does even less than EU.

load more comments (2 replies)
load more comments (10 replies)
[-] kristina@hexbear.net 83 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

for the record this user has 130 comments in their community and has yet to be banned. letting 196 on a trans instance was a mistake, it would have been better to grab people from /r/traaa or tgcj

if anyone said anything extremely transphobic like this here theyd be banned instantly, longevity of the account or no

[-] take_five_seconds@hexbear.net 73 points 1 year ago

absolutely 100% what i've witnessed lurking on all the big active threads lately. people deliberately misconstruing what we're saying, outright LYING about shit (like they were downvoted/called some slur that is on our filters), and just bullshit concern trolling about shit liek BriGaDiNG (you mean using the fucking website? lmao) allll that shit annoys me.

[-] citrussy_capybara@hexbear.net 58 points 1 year ago

Saw one going off about how hexbear is shitting up lemmy.world - the site that famously pre-emptively defederated. And the mentioned claims of downvoting/slur use that are technically impossible. They really will make anything up nothing to stand on.

[-] FuckYourselfEndless@hexbear.net 66 points 1 year ago

No, we must appease them further. We must debase ourselves. We must constrict ourselves. We must put on the armour that Giovanni made for Mewtwo to constrict our powers and serve them. We exist to serve liberals their tepid, stale-ass ideology and memes on a webforum run by ostensible communists.

[-] Melonius@hexbear.net 97 points 1 year ago

It's really strange, I thought the alt right playbook vids were being overdramatic with the Nazi bar syndrome. I can't tell if the concern trollers are unintentionally libbing out or just fascists doing their job to prevent any sort of left unity. Same thing maybe.

I don't want to insult anyone by calling them a bot or a bad actor, but I feel more safe posting here than over in their supposedly "less troll" instance.

I think that response is weird. Feels like a nice pat on the back, "you see someone who's a friend and is saying stuff that is good, but they're bad, and you should cut them off. Also that's a good sign that you have so many friends?" And an NPR podcast? Like it feels so on the nose I'm doubting reality

[-] Othello@hexbear.net 82 points 1 year ago

also referring to a community of people as "media".

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 74 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

it's supposedly a sign that your minitory group has truly taken hold in society

Huge "I think the trans people have all the rights they need and are more than equal" vibes. 3 comments ever. Is funding the ko fi donations though, so maybe just a very poorly worded thing to say? I don't think a right wing op would be donating to a pro trans blahaj lemmy instance as cover.

[-] kristina@hexbear.net 66 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

pretty bizarre, i feel like im speaking a different language sometimes.

[-] yoink@hexbear.net 57 points 1 year ago

being so treat brained I can only think of other people in terms of treats and treat-standins

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] silent_water@hexbear.net 87 points 1 year ago

mods, if we're going to make concessions to the other instances around our posting, they need to ban this kind of transphobic bullshit. that this user wasn't banned is deeply offensive and rage inducing. how can they call themselves a queer instance and allow this kind of shit to stand? removing the comment is fine and all but it allows the user to continue posting this drivel at us whenever we post.

[-] kristina@hexbear.net 53 points 1 year ago
[-] GarbageShoot@hexbear.net 53 points 1 year ago

This is a tangent, but have you talked with our friends over there about how 196 is extremely hostile to our existence and what is to be done about that? It seems like a sticking point.

[-] CyborgMarx@hexbear.net 83 points 1 year ago

lmao I really love how these rancid motherfuckers just make shit up

Like do they realize we can see their posts? Why lie, just own your anti-communism

Honestly I'd rather be called a slur than deal with this sanctimonious horseshit

it doesn't come down to Trans solidarity, but what this community believes on a moral level

yuck, love having white nationalist pedophiles talking about "morality"

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 73 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

No it doesn't. Lmao.

You're just showing how completely unfamiliar with anything to your left you are.

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] take_five_seconds@hexbear.net 62 points 1 year ago

there were hexbears in the closet and they were being secretly transphobic and one of the transphobic jokes looked at me

also nice buttigieg word salad at the end

[-] RedQuestionAsker2@hexbear.net 62 points 1 year ago

There are people here PRETENDING to be trans!?

This is unacceptable. Please report yourselves forthwith.

stalin-point

[-] citrussy_capybara@hexbear.net 56 points 1 year ago

This is gonna bring out a lot of false positives with how common imposter syndrome affects the trans community. It’s me, I’m the fake trans. transshork-sad

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] sharedburdens@hexbear.net 53 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Reading comments like this is actually upsetting, how are these people real and posting on blahaj agony-deep

load more comments (6 replies)
[-] abc@hexbear.net 61 points 1 year ago

I read this in Mewtwo's voice from The Pokemon Movie and it is the perfect smuglord kind of shit he would say lmao

Pokemon The Movie 2023: Mewtwo Makes Shit Up

[-] yoink@hexbear.net 59 points 1 year ago

was literally coming here to post this, beat me to the punch

square peg through a circle hole ass logic

they're like me but they don't buy into the same lib shit I do, therefore they must be faking it enmasse! world view secure sicko-wholesome

[-] mar_k@hexbear.net 58 points 1 year ago

how people should act, and how we believe people should be treated at a fundamental level

Hexbears are violating my human dignity by calling me a liberal frothingfash

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 56 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I'm not going to engage in the same erasure as this piece of shit but imagine if we all started highlighting how much of a concern troll/wrecker/"fed pretending to be trans" type of comment this is. I'm not saying it is that to be clear, it just reads like a goddamn fed and you don't see us pissing ourselves and accusing others of not being trans.

It just feels like the libs have found out they are ineffective propagandised useful idiots and that it's easier to demonise us than it is for them to grow and change as people.

Shout me when the terminally online lemmy gang log the fuck off and start doing community work/organising/mutual aid to improve our communities lives.

Oh and to any libs lurking: Throwing money at reddit-logo isn't praxis you saddos. Go make some real goddamn change.

load more comments (15 replies)
[-] aaaaaaadjsf@hexbear.net 54 points 1 year ago

We are literally just very gay, there is no pretending here

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 18 Aug 2023
178 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15891 readers
641 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS