What the fuck (hexbear.net)
submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS@hexbear.net to c/the_dunk_tank@hexbear.net
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] RedQuestionAsker2@hexbear.net 62 points 1 year ago

There are people here PRETENDING to be trans!?

This is unacceptable. Please report yourselves forthwith.

stalin-point

[-] citrussy_capybara@hexbear.net 56 points 1 year ago

This is gonna bring out a lot of false positives with how common imposter syndrome affects the trans community. It’s me, I’m the fake trans. transshork-sad

[-] RedQuestionAsker2@hexbear.net 52 points 1 year ago

Let me take a look at the readings... liebknecht-processing

By God.... It says your trans level is off the charts! cat-trans

[-] h3doublehockeysticks@hexbear.net 35 points 1 year ago

What's the mantra "All trans people are valid except me". I'll be the designated person saying this, since I'm cis anyway.

[-] Kuori@hexbear.net 4 points 1 year ago

the fake trans

leslie-shining no. such. thing.

[-] sharedburdens@hexbear.net 53 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Reading comments like this is actually upsetting, how are these people real and posting on blahaj agony-deep

[-] RedQuestionAsker2@hexbear.net 40 points 1 year ago

I have no idea, but the answer is probably liberalism

[-] Frank@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago

The nice thing about a hegemonic culture that pervades your whole observable world is you really can blame it for nearly everything.

[-] beef_curds@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

It makes me sad a bit, because it sort of indicates a lack of connection to local community. I don't think you can navigate irl queer community without running into some queer commie who doesn't care about tone, or some enby chaos gremlin who likes to have fun.

It may not be your vibe, but if you can't even contextualize what's happening here, it's a bit of a tell.

[-] AcidSmiley@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago

I've seen one of these clowns get called out for that exact kind opf transphobia and he admitted he had never talked to a trans person IRL. Remember that r/196 has always had a massive chaser problem because it's full of V*ush fans.

[-] sharedburdens@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

It's also chauvinism, applying a political litmus test to declare who is trans- as if they have a monopoly on it or something.

The chaser stuff really bothers me too, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being horny, but when you're doing shit like that in what are supposed to be trans spaces? and acting like you get to say what politics are allowed? just sends me into a rage

abbysmuscles said it best here for anyone scrolling https://hexbear.net/comment/3763733

[-] AcidSmiley@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago

I'm generally careful with the term, i get that not everybody dating trans people is a chaser, i have cis masc friends who've been in relationships with trans girls, i cherish all relationships where i see my sisters thrive, i'm t4t myself, but as soon as something that may be fetishization and something that is obvious transphobia intersects, the case is crystal clear.

[-] Frank@hexbear.net 22 points 1 year ago

It's me. I pretended to be trains. I don't even need to run on tracks i can go cross country. : (

train-shining

[-] autismdragon@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago

Trains is hard job.

[-] DefinitelyNotAPhone@hexbear.net 8 points 1 year ago

If there's one thing that conservatives and trolls enjoy doing, it's creating an account on a niche forum to...

checks notes

...pretend to be trans so you can chill out among other fake trans users and be supportive of them, even though they're faking it?

[-] NPa@hexbear.net 5 points 1 year ago

It's like transvestigation, but in reverse. Cis-picions? Straight-jacketing?

this post was submitted on 18 Aug 2023
178 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15892 readers
340 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS