What the fuck (hexbear.net)
submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS@hexbear.net to c/the_dunk_tank@hexbear.net
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 56 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I'm not going to engage in the same erasure as this piece of shit but imagine if we all started highlighting how much of a concern troll/wrecker/"fed pretending to be trans" type of comment this is. I'm not saying it is that to be clear, it just reads like a goddamn fed and you don't see us pissing ourselves and accusing others of not being trans.

It just feels like the libs have found out they are ineffective propagandised useful idiots and that it's easier to demonise us than it is for them to grow and change as people.

Shout me when the terminally online lemmy gang log the fuck off and start doing community work/organising/mutual aid to improve our communities lives.

Oh and to any libs lurking: Throwing money at reddit-logo isn't praxis you saddos. Go make some real goddamn change.

[-] 420blazeit69@hexbear.net 42 points 1 year ago

I'm not saying it is that to be clear, it just reads like a goddamn fed

"If you're not a cop, you're doing a cop's job" applies. Wrecking (and similar conduct) is bad no matter who it's from.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 30 points 1 year ago

Fr fr but are we erasing someone's transness when we call out the fedposting? Nope.

[-] 420blazeit69@hexbear.net 27 points 1 year ago

Correct. My view is it's not productive or necessary to get into who is or isn't a cop, because at the end of the day it's unknowable. Wrecking/other disruptive conduct is the problem, so I tend to focus on that.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 34 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)
[-] AssortedBiscuits@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

Everything that I've seen from that instance is duplicitous two-faced behavior. I think some people here are still caught up with federation hype. Carving a space for trans people on Lemmy doesn't need to look like a federation of trans instances. It could also look like one giant instance where transphobes, terfs, enbyphobes, chasers, and other reactionaries get sent to the blender and any instance that dares to traffic transphobia receives a warm visit from the All Active Army.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 4 points 1 year ago

Yeah it was a shame because even as a lurker I was kinda excited to see it blend but after watching the little shit storm kick off its just disheartening.

[-] GarbageShoot@hexbear.net 41 points 1 year ago

Hey, they could be a fed and still actually trans. The CIA is very progressive about who it hires as Gestapo agents.

But really I think they are a youngish trans liberal in denial.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 25 points 1 year ago

Nice to see the CIA entering the progressive modern age ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘Œ

I hope so and that they eventually learn how gross that comment is.

It is only by accepting that we are all cringe that we can become truly based.

[-] Frank@hexbear.net 40 points 1 year ago

I can absolutely believe this isn't a fed or an op, just a smug asshole with terminal cerebral mccarthyism. It's such a mindless, foolish thing to say.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 35 points 1 year ago

brainworms brainworms brainworms brainworms brainworms

These guys are everywhere online these days.

[-] Melonius@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago

Some of them are. It's difficult to tell if they're using bad arguments in good faith or bad faith, but it is so obviously transparent they have a fedposting problem when you engage with the user and they resort to insults or act like they're being attacked

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 27 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

It's so frustrating because I've been in discords where that same blood thirsty viscious anti communism proliferates.

These people will be in for a nasty shock when they realise most unions have some flavor of marxist in leadership positions lmao. But I'm assuming libs are pro union so maybe that's on me for being naive.

[-] Frank@hexbear.net 24 points 1 year ago

That kind of pig headed, stupid, aggressive ignorance has been very frustrating during this whole experiment with federation.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

It's beyond a joke. I've had it in discord, irl orgs, protest groups, one issue movements massively, even my own union.

Every time you let these chuds open their mouths they ruin another chance at helping people who need it.

Makes my queer blood boil ๐Ÿ˜ค

[-] usa_suxxx@hexbear.net 8 points 1 year ago

I'm not going to engage in the same erasure as this piece of shit but imagine if we all started highlighting how much of a concern troll/wrecker/"fed pretending to be trans" type of comment this is. I'm not saying it is that to be clear, it just reads like a goddamn fed and you don't see us pissing ourselves and accusing others of not being trans.

Yea, its pretty bad but that's generally been the whole vibe from lemm.ee or blajah. Say the most offensive and improbable shit possible and just pretend like they asked about the weather.

this post was submitted on 18 Aug 2023
178 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15892 readers
340 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS