top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] FlakesBongler@hexbear.net 48 points 7 months ago

cyber experts

Not the cyber experts! oooaaaaaaauhhh

[-] joaomarrom@hexbear.net 18 points 7 months ago

I like to imagine these cyber experts as cyborgs who are experts on entirely different topics, like a gardener who waters his pristine flowers with a subdermal hose that juts out of his wrist like in Assassin's Creed, or a world-class pianist with three 10-fingered robotic hands

[-] FlakesBongler@hexbear.net 16 points 7 months ago

I was thinking more along the lines of an early 90's kid's show written by people who didn't know what the internet was, so the villains start forest fires or make sandwiches explode with the internet

[-] NewAcctWhoDis@hexbear.net 8 points 7 months ago
[-] SloppilyFloss@lemmy.ml 7 points 7 months ago

I fucking love Code Lyoko 😭

[-] FlakesBongler@hexbear.net 5 points 7 months ago

Maybe?

I never watched it

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 45 points 7 months ago

That video of Joe calling Kamala his granddaughter then falling down the flight of stairs on air force one is russian deepfake disinfo sweetie.

[-] peeonyou@hexbear.net 6 points 7 months ago
[-] culpritus@hexbear.net 39 points 7 months ago

ctrl+f

isra*l : 0

gaza : 0

red sea : 0

palestin : 1

In the United Kingdom in November, a fake audio of London Mayor Sadiq Khan called for pro-Palestinian marches.

joker-amerikkklap

[-] WeedReference420@hexbear.net 21 points 7 months ago

In the United Kingdom in November, a fake audio of London Mayor Sadiq Khan called for pro-Palestinian marches.

Based fictional version of Sadiq Khan

[-] MaxOS@hexbear.net 35 points 7 months ago

Oh no, be on the lookout for memes of buff shiba trump and scared cheems biden.

[-] HelltakerHomosexual@hexbear.net 34 points 7 months ago

how far will this go lol

since i am anti american, when do you think my participation in voting is seen as 'russian election interference'

normal fucking country

[-] PKMKII@hexbear.net 34 points 7 months ago

God they must really be worried about Biden’s poll numbers if they’re pulling this one out so early.

The dissemination of attacks on Biden is part of a continuing effort by Moscow to undercut American military aid to Ukraine and U.S. support for and solidarity with NATO, experts said.

Yes, acknowledging the shitshow that the Ukrainian defense has devolved into is Russian propaganda.

[-] CTHlurker@hexbear.net 8 points 7 months ago

I love that American democracy is supposedly both something worth annihilating half the world for and also something that falls apart the second another country decides to press the "post memes on facebook" button.

[-] SexMachineStalin@hexbear.net 30 points 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago)

Off to vote for juche-boi in the 2024 elections even though I don't live in AmeriKKKa (and am probably banned from entering, lmfao)

infinite 9/11s on ameriKKKa

[-] TrashGoblin@hexbear.net 29 points 7 months ago

Putin hacked the South Carolina Republican primary to deny Haley the win.

[-] alexandra_kollontai@hexbear.net 28 points 7 months ago

Biden’s national security adviser, Jake Sullivan, said Sunday on NBC News’ “Meet the Press” that there’s “plenty of reason to be concerned” about Russia’s trying to interfere in the 2024 election but that he couldn’t discuss evidence related to it.

just lying about things to be on the news

[-] peeonyou@hexbear.net 12 points 7 months ago

the media is the 4th branch of government

[-] SoyViking@hexbear.net 27 points 7 months ago

Putin hacked the democrat party and made them run a demented genocidal fascist instead of someone electable.

[-] NewLeaf@hexbear.net 24 points 7 months ago

And conveniently, everything left of Hitler is now Russian propaganda. I probably should have stayed off the internet.

[-] SnowySkyes@hexbear.net 24 points 7 months ago

I just needed to hear it once and I'm already tired of it. Gods I hate today so much.

[-] Evilphd666@hexbear.net 23 points 7 months ago

Can't really give you any good examples, but trust us!^TM^

[-] Lovely_sombrero@hexbear.net 23 points 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago)

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER DEATH STAR, EPISODE VII IS WASHED, BOOOO

[-] joaomarrom@hexbear.net 21 points 7 months ago

It's a real threat you guys, don't laugh. I was going to vote for Biden but then I saw a picture of him as the dick flattening wojak and felt compelled to vote for Trump, but then I remembered that I'm not even from the US. Russian disinformatsikayavich mind tricks are no joke.

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] WeedReference420@hexbear.net 20 points 7 months ago

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup matt-jokerfied

[-] GrouchyGrouse@hexbear.net 13 points 7 months ago

I've been riding the "Matt Christman screaming" vibe for years now. It spoke to me. I still remember his line from that outburst. "She's trying to drown you in banality!"

By God if that wasn't the most salient observation of the way these media fuckos think and operate.

[-] Melonius@hexbear.net 20 points 7 months ago

Being a terrible person and utterly unelectable while moaning "how could Russia do this?"

[-] davel@hexbear.net 20 points 7 months ago

Is it about that Russian bot ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆? https://lemmy.world/post/2583762

[-] peeonyou@hexbear.net 13 points 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago)

lmao! that's hilarious

also this:

[-] RedQuestionAsker2@hexbear.net 9 points 7 months ago

There's a spectre haunting Lemmy

[-] davel@hexbear.net 16 points 7 months ago

On the plus side, it’s time for Hamilton 69.

[-] hotcouchguy@hexbear.net 16 points 7 months ago

Random Russian hackers more invested in the outcome than Joe Biden apparently

[-] QuillcrestFalconer@hexbear.net 15 points 7 months ago

It's true. Putin has personally convinced me not to vote for Biden. Please ignore the fact that I'm not American, that's not relevant

[-] peeonyou@hexbear.net 15 points 7 months ago

Shit did I miss the memo? Are we supposed to be spreading disinformation on Biden already? Please don't tell me I'm going to miss the full-russian-disinfo campaign bonus because I missed the first meeting!

[-] Raebxeh@hexbear.net 7 points 7 months ago

File an appeal with your handler. They can probably prorate given how early it is.

[-] volcel_olive_oil@hexbear.net 14 points 7 months ago

We ARE going to lose the election and it HAS to be Russias' fault! It CAN'T be ANYONE ELSE! shinji-losing-it

[-] RyanGosling@hexbear.net 13 points 7 months ago

Moscow is spreading disinformation about Joe Biden and other Democrats to lessen U.S. military aid to Ukraine and U.S. support for NATO, former U.S. officials and cyber experts say.

How stupid do you have to be to believe this? Military spending is the only constant of American politics. You cannot become a federal politician unless you support it. At most, you are allowed to be performative and abstain every now and then. Maybe even reject it if you’re a good boy. But speak out about it and campaign on it, and your career goes into the shitter.

load more comments (1 replies)

why would Russia want to undercut funding to Ukraine? are they evil or something?

[-] Mokey@hexbear.net 11 points 7 months ago

hey tankies i know you love russia so much, actually putin wants you to vote for joe biden.

[-] rootsbreadandmakka@hexbear.net 11 points 7 months ago
[-] NewLeaf@hexbear.net 5 points 7 months ago

The future died in 2008

[-] SkingradGuard@hexbear.net 10 points 7 months ago

I guess libs aren't ready to do Chinagate yet

[-] Tankiedesantski@hexbear.net 9 points 7 months ago

Good.

If Russia tries really hard maybe it can inflict on America about 10% of the election meddling America inflicts on the world.

[-] Utter_Karate@hexbear.net 9 points 7 months ago

That they take the time to make up disinformation shows that they really care. Biden could just as easily be undercut by spreading regular old information, but they wanted to make him feel special.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 26 Feb 2024
90 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15892 readers
316 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS