American politics is a joke but wouldn’t it be funny if Hasan’s uncle verbally undressed Joe Biden in a live debate, and then millions of people were exposed to HasanAbi because of it?

I don’t see myself not supporting Cenk Uygur’s run unless Hasan was to explicitly denounce his uncle. Like obviously his politics aren’t fucking radical but he can’t be that different from what Bernie Sanders advocated for.

If you want a reason to start supporting Cenk Uygur for president, do it for Hasan. That would literally be the closet an actual communist will ever get to the White House.

Some of you might support third party like PSL or Green but we all know third parties are jokes and have no actual chance of winning, and if I’m being honest neither does this guy, but simply making this guy a household name would be praxis.

Also I should note, I’m not a fan of TYT.

all 32 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] TheWorldSpins@hexbear.net 42 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

No one from The Young Terfs is based. If I had to choose a Gen-x Youtube lib to run for prez it'd be Sam Seder.

He also has "The Sexy Factor".

[-] SerLava@hexbear.net 17 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Reject Chunk Uyghur, embrace Seder thought

[-] UmbraVivi@hexbear.net 6 points 1 year ago

People are really down bad for Sam Seder huh

People love a man who takes a solid minute to stammer his way through a sentence

[-] NuraShiny@hexbear.net 5 points 1 year ago

So fucking true. He has a few wins under his belt (The Crowder 'debate'), but I cannot watch him because he can't string words together.

The professional actor whose catch phrase is “dude!”

[-] SpiderFarmer@hexbear.net 40 points 1 year ago

I can't even confidently say that he's left of fucking Biden.

[-] Mindfury@hexbear.net 32 points 1 year ago

How can Uyghur's be persecuted? One of them is the President!

[-] Antiwork@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago

but simply making this guy a household name would be praxis.

![cringe](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/55c9f173-948c-4140-be5b-6aad2ac9cbf3.png "emoji cringe")

[-] JohnBrownsBussy2@hexbear.net 28 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Lol.

Edit: To answer the title question, pretty cringe. Cenk is a blowhard and a has been. He has no constituency. If he's actually running then I hope it remains a petty and microscopic vanity project and doesn't rob activist time and effort.

[-] SerLava@hexbear.net 27 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

very cringe, can't even run not born here, wouldn't be possible for him to win anyway, already ate shit in some little local election, sliding farther and farther right on homelessness and trans rights, but we would all admit to it being our second time in a row experiencing the "best president in my lifetime (derogatory)"

[-] Rojo27@hexbear.net 22 points 1 year ago
[-] Yurt_Owl@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

Cenk is one bad day from genociding the homeless

[-] edge@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Born in Türkiye and I can’t find anything indicating either of his parents were American at his birth, so I don’t think he’s even eligible. But why is he even doing it if that’s the case?

But either way, cringe.

[-] forcequit@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago
[-] drearymoon@hexbear.net 16 points 1 year ago

funny if he gives a cabinet to his failnephew hasan

[-] SerLava@hexbear.net 17 points 1 year ago

Isn't he essentially a failuncle at this point

Yeah Hasan has had a bigger political impact than Chenk at this point and while I do enjoy the occasional Hasan stream I do not mean that as a compliment to Hasan

[-] UmbraVivi@hexbear.net 3 points 1 year ago

the biggest nephew the world has ever seen ![hasan-ok-dude](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/ec24fb58-b225-437d-822b-985470f8c1ef.png "emoji hasan-ok-dude")

[-] 2Password2Remember@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

obviously an extremely ![cringe](https://www.hexbear.net/pictrs/image/55c9f173-948c-4140-be5b-6aad2ac9cbf3.png "emoji cringe") post, but I do want to mention that this level of parasocial relationship with a millionaire streamer is so embarrassing. please go outside, it's good for you

Death to America

[-] punk_punk@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago

should we give a voice to unhoused_hater#1908 from the "based and turkpilled armenian killer" discord server, just because we love his good looking half-brother "millionaire red guard" who holds vidya streams we regularly watch?

[-] booty@hexbear.net 10 points 1 year ago

this is one of the most cringe posts ever posted on any website

Good bit

Like obviously his politics aren’t fucking radical but he can’t be that different from what Bernie Sanders advocated for.

One spent his 20’s attending civil rights demonstrations. The other spent his 20’s writing racist right wing blog posts. Clearly the same.

[-] Chapo_is_Red@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)
[-] Maoo@hexbear.net 5 points 1 year ago

Probably bad because anything that raises his profile is bad.

[-] Jenniferr@hexbear.net 5 points 1 year ago

Fake account

[-] keepcarrot@hexbear.net 3 points 1 year ago
[-] Frogmanfromlake@hexbear.net 2 points 1 year ago

Cenk has a massive ego to be doing this after he failed to gain a congressional seat. You think he'd at least fail at trying to run for Senator or governor of California before doing this.

[-] MaxOS@hexbear.net 1 points 1 year ago

The party is not going to let him have a campaign

this post was submitted on 29 Sep 2023
20 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13462 readers
1029 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank