submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by WhyEssEff@hexbear.net to c/the_dunk_tank@hexbear.net

liberal-to-liberal communication. smuglord~~==~~smuglord liberal-to-liberal-conversation.

crying in the corner where the hexagonal bears cannot see me because my ideas [vote] are so good and they don't like that rage-cry

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] AcidSmiley@hexbear.net 117 points 1 year ago

This is how these privileged fucks discuss child poverty. Absolute monsters.

[-] GorbinOutOverHere@hexbear.net 96 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Evil hexbears want to do an authoritarianism to checks notes end child poverty bern-disgust

[-] HiImThomasPynchon@hexbear.net 45 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

What do they imagine our authoritarianism looks like? How many people do they think we would put to death?

[-] Antiwork@hexbear.net 27 points 1 year ago

All it would take is 500

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] iridaniotter@hexbear.net 97 points 1 year ago

nooo you can't just use your party whip that's authoritarian shatter

[-] edge@hexbear.net 65 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

"The parliamentarian blocking a vote from even happening is completely different though. It's procedure."

[-] UlyssesT@hexbear.net 74 points 1 year ago

behave like authoritarians

Democracy is about theatrical performative helplessness in the face of human suffering. The more performative helplessness in the face of human suffering, the more democratic. marx-joker

[-] GarbageShoot@hexbear.net 36 points 1 year ago

I prefer when Representatives elected for gerrymandered districts and Senators (who are explicitly there to counter democracy) prevent the President from doing things that are overwhelmingly popular because the Founders distrusted "the masses". That is True Democracy.

[-] Sephitard9001@hexbear.net 30 points 1 year ago

I don't think you can really word it any simpler and shorter than that. That really is just the most base description of the democracy liberals want.

[-] CyborgMarx@hexbear.net 74 points 1 year ago

"It's authoritarian to reduce child poverty without considering the feelings of rich people"

Perfect distillation of liberalism, simply don't believe in anything

Just continuously define yourself by an imagined loyalty to a capitalist state that doesn't even know you exist, while you defend the right of monsters to immiserate your fellow citizens and their children

Definition of moral cowards

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] JeffBozo@hexbear.net 65 points 1 year ago

I mean their political goal is to destroy the entire system

Oh yeah, just for the fun of it. We just hate everything. What does "destroying the entire system" mean to this person? Because it sounds a lot like the good ol' "Judeo-Bolshevik Asiatic hordes coming to destroy our superior Western culture" talking point.

And what's this talk about us being in bad faith? If libs that came here weren't the most obnoxious terminally online Redditbrained smuglords that refuse to read anything longer than 2 paragraphs of text then people wouldn't be taking the piss on them as much.

[-] NewLeaf@hexbear.net 58 points 1 year ago

"bad faith" just means "anything I don't agree with". It's a thought terminating cliche so they can keep smelling each other's farts and congratulating themselves for having the only good opinions™

[-] Sephitard9001@hexbear.net 28 points 1 year ago

Bad faith would be like "we should enact these specific policies (secret evil policies that will wreak havoc on the institutions) to make America better uwuu"

No I'm telling you to abolish that shit, firebomb your local PD for more Genshin Impact pulls, drain everything in your landlord into their pool

[-] happybadger@hexbear.net 64 points 1 year ago

if i ever saw a tankie on internet i would scream and scream and my mom would ask whats wrong and id say tankies and then id keep screaming i wouldnt be able to stop

[-] Judge_Jury@hexbear.net 36 points 1 year ago

And then your mom would call you a lib

[-] Judge_Jury@hexbear.net 63 points 1 year ago

Haven't you considered the precedent? The norms? The rules-based order and the law?

We are not like them, because we don't want children poor. We are also not like them, because we won't step on any toes to accomplish our goals. We are morally superior, and it only cost us some other people's kids having to live in poverty

[-] BeamBrain@hexbear.net 49 points 1 year ago

Haven't you considered the precedent? The norms? The rules-based order and the law?

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

[-] Judge_Jury@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

maybe-later-honey it prevented totalitarianism, when we were the ones elected. Can't do anything about those other ones but vote

I swear, if someone powerful enough to do so decided to feed and house everyone indiscriminately, they would be called a tyrant for it

[-] PKMKII@hexbear.net 62 points 1 year ago

The Democrats do behave like authoritarians to keep members in line, they just do it to the left flank of the party.

Expecting anything of your elected representatives is accelerationism. Noted

[-] ChairmanSpongebob@hexbear.net 36 points 1 year ago

"oh yeah we'd love to prevent children from starving to death, but one of our friends who hangs out with oil billionaires says we can't, sorry" oh yeah that's a great and sustainable system

[-] beef_curds@hexbear.net 57 points 1 year ago

Ohhhhh, that's what they mean by "authoritarian"? Governing?

[-] HarryLime@hexbear.net 53 points 1 year ago

goddamn theyre so smart and they know so much about how politic works

[-] NewLeaf@hexbear.net 51 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I just don't know how much more of this I can handle. Like in life. I'm so sick of lib shit being everywhere. I'm about to throw my phone in a fucking lake and take mushrooms til the end of time.

[-] iie@hexbear.net 27 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I think most real people aren't like this. At least I tell myself that a lot

[-] ChairmanSpongebob@hexbear.net 49 points 1 year ago

ok but why even bother having a government if all it can ever feasibly do is write checks for weapons manufacturers and think of creative ways to coerce poor people to work harder?

[-] PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS@hexbear.net 48 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Ha ha yeah i would hate to destroy the political system with all of y'all

spoilerUnless...

soviet-bashful

[-] moonlake@hexbear.net 46 points 1 year ago

Republicans: Fuck impoverished children. They should work at Wendy's and pull themselves up by the bootstraps

Democrats: Child poverty is bad but we are not going to end it because that would be authoritarian. I am a good person. Please pat me on the back

The libs are infinitely more annoying. Chuds are at least honest about being worthless shitheads

[-] ChairmanSpongebob@hexbear.net 44 points 1 year ago

we'd like to replace childhood poverty and undernourishment with something far far more sinister: rich people paying any taxes whatsoever

[-] adultswim_antifa@hexbear.net 43 points 1 year ago

Democrats cannot function as a party because they think politics is about a beautiful tapestry people adding their own unique personality traits to the legislative process. It's a party. It is supposed to be an organization with explicit goals, where the members work to achieve those goals. If it cannot function on that level, it is not a party. What are people voting for then? What is a democracy then? Pointing out that a party should have legislative goals and try to achieve them is what gets you called a tankie these days. And the republicans? Yeah, you guess it, they're tankies. Because they can always get their tax cuts through congress. To these people, the most virtuous thing you can do is be very aware of how fucked everything is getting and refuse to violate the autonomy of Joe Manchin so you can get something through congress. It shows how committed you are to democracy, when you know exactly how many homeless people there are but still defer to Joe Manchin's policy preferences. We are all very very aware of climate change and how it's an existential threat, but it would be authoritarian to do something about it without Joe Manchin's permission.

[-] nat_turner_overdrive@hexbear.net 43 points 1 year ago

It would be authoritarian to stop the republicans from oppressing women and minorities! porky-scared

[-] SunriseParabellum@hexbear.net 41 points 1 year ago

Oh man I feel so owned

[-] NephewAlphaBravo@hexbear.net 41 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Being not-like-the-republicans is when you let a republican decide all your votes

[-] GrouchyGrouse@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

Thinking we don't support democrats = we support republicans. I'm honestly going to get mad. Can I make it clear? Those vile pieces of shit, those misanthropic fucking demons you call "republicans" can all go choke on a fucking gun barrel. I hate them and I wish the absolute worst for them. The only, and I repeat the only reason democrats get away with their shit is because they are slightly better. The word "slightly" is doing a lot of leg work here.

Yes we intend to destroy the entire system. Why the fuck would we uphold it? A system that has different outcomes based on skin tone? A system that silences women? Fuck that. And fuck anyone that defends it.

[-] moonlake@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

Using government powers to end child poverty = authoritarian dystopia

[-] Grownbravy@hexbear.net 37 points 1 year ago

So the only reason they posted bait was to block people on our instance?

[-] usernamesaredifficul@hexbear.net 37 points 1 year ago

democrats should become like republicans by effectively seeking to achieve the promises they made to voters

[-] princeofsin@hexbear.net 35 points 1 year ago

what a bunch of dorks

[-] Wertheimer@hexbear.net 35 points 1 year ago

behave like authoritarians to keep members in line

I believe it was Voltaire who once said that democratic centralism is neither democratic nor centralism

[-] M68040@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

If it gets the job done, then I am absolutely an incredibly huge authoritarian. The system is a mallet to swing at the world’s ills

[-] TheLepidopterists@hexbear.net 32 points 1 year ago

I don't know anything about this bill but anyone who supports child poverty doesn't deserve the right to life, much less "voting their conscience," or whatever

[-] Zodiark@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago

Those posters are just "let me roleplay as a good person and stop breaking my immersion".

It isn't civility fetishism, but subordination to power that these people worship. And hexbear is blasphemous.

[-] Magician@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago

Maybe if Democrats wanted the things they fundraise on, they would deal with members of their party who act to prevent those things.

But what do I know? I'm just acting in bad faith when I think politicians who won their elections on promising healthcare should then provide that healthcare.

[-] uralsolo@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

This just in: a political party having a party line is evil authoritarianism. Senators are just smol beans who need to be able to express themselves.

[-] MorelaakIsBack@hexbear.net 31 points 1 year ago

man they are just jerking each other off as hard as possible

[-] axont@hexbear.net 29 points 1 year ago

excuse me tankies, but you have to be polite when discussing the bureaucrats who are enforcing child poverty. you can't post pictures of guillotines, that's not polite. You have to instead say nice things about Democrats and then do nothing. You want to change things so there's no child poverty? Why, that's not good faith!

[-] regul@hexbear.net 29 points 1 year ago

Destroying the entire system by demanding the maintenance of government welfare policies that measurably reduced child poverty immediately.

[-] ShimmeringKoi@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago

"The people who want to put republicans up against a wall are actually most closely aligned with republicans, because both groups dislike me personally, which means they're the same." Just terminal "with me or against me" brain. Everything that isn't a smug liberal is a secret fascist 📽

[-] aebletrae@hexbear.net 25 points 1 year ago

Go get yourself blocked. All I had to do was ask. And now I can say anything without them whining about it.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 14 Sep 2023
146 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15891 readers
595 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS