top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] vga@sopuli.xyz 4 points 50 minutes ago

And Rings of Power is the best Tolkien adaptation.

[-] SomeGuy69@lemmy.world 12 points 1 hour ago

I think that's ultimately it. The next TES is going to be a disaster.

[-] arefx@lemmy.ml 6 points 1 hour ago

This has been obvious for a few years now. I used to get shit on for voicing this opinion a couple years ago and now it seems almost universally agreed upon. Bethesda is truly shit now.

[-] spicystraw@lemmy.world 5 points 2 hours ago

I wonder if there is some definition gap in what Bethesda thinks makes a good game and what make a good game in the eyes of players.

They have probably done a lot behind the scenes improvements that warrants them to say that this has been the best to work on, but clearly it's not the best to play.

[-] CitizenKong@lemmy.world 5 points 3 hours ago

Sounds like more "toxic positivity".

[-] Sam_Bass@lemmy.world 9 points 6 hours ago

dementia is a terrible disease

[-] Omegamanthethird@lemmy.world 73 points 13 hours ago

"This is, of course, a slightly wild thing for the studio that made Morrowind (its actual best game) and Skyrim (its most popular game by miles) to say"

Accurate

[-] DragonTypeWyvern@midwest.social 6 points 4 hours ago

Fallout 3 deserves a mention as a third most relevant.

[-] umbrella@lemmy.ml 30 points 13 hours ago

talk about smelling their own farts

[-] ByteOnBikes@slrpnk.net 15 points 13 hours ago

Yeah.

It's so depressing.

Like you telling me out of 250 developers on Starfield, nobody is losing their shit that this project isnt at all critically acclaimed like many of their other releases?

[-] taladar@sh.itjust.works 39 points 15 hours ago

What do you mean Skyrim? Morrowind was clearly the best game they ever made.

[-] VindictiveJudge@lemmy.world 7 points 6 hours ago

Skyrim had their best gameplay loop, but Morrowind's writing carried the entire series. Very excited for Skywind to give me the best of both.

[-] sheogorath@lemmy.world 1 points 2 hours ago

Been waiting since 2012. Tried some early builds too, will be very excited to play Skywind it releases eventually.

[-] BigBananaDealer@lemm.ee 1 points 1 hour ago

shit we might get tes 6 by the time skywind comes out 😂

funny how we've been waiting for both for about 12 years now

[-] Moah@lemmy.blahaj.zone 1 points 3 hours ago

Daggerfall is their best game

[-] BigBananaDealer@lemm.ee 1 points 1 hour ago

the procedural generated landscape game is their best. hmmmm. where have i heard that one before

[-] fruitycoder@sh.itjust.works 5 points 8 hours ago

I love Morriwinds memory, but the gameplay was so rough to try to get back into.

[-] Assman@sh.itjust.works 7 points 12 hours ago
load more comments (2 replies)
[-] circuitfarmer@lemmy.sdf.org 34 points 15 hours ago

Tons of people still play Skyrim.

Something tells me that, in 10 years, few if any will still be playing Starfield.

[-] Maggoty@lemmy.world 4 points 8 hours ago

I don't play FO4 anymore either. I will say I appreciate the stories, but their attempts to make games you can live in just don't measure up anymore. Not when you have games like no man's land and satisfactory. We know just how comfy a game can be.

[-] DragonTypeWyvern@midwest.social 3 points 4 hours ago

I mean, I do, to see what new mods are out.

Gun modding is an absolute shit show btw. Everyone tries to make their guns use the real or unique calibers and it's kind of a massive pain.

[-] pyre@lemmy.world 14 points 14 hours ago

do people play it now? never hear about it anymore.

[-] DarkMetatron@feddit.org 2 points 3 hours ago

I have started a complete new game 2 days ago and have again a lot of fun with Starfield. Can't wait to see all the new content from the DLC.

I would say that Starfield is the best NASA punk planet exploration RPG Bethesda has ever made

[-] BowtiesAreCool@lemmy.world 1 points 1 hour ago

I have a lot of fun with starfield, and enjoy the DLC, but admit it’s the weakest game they’ve made.

[-] DarkMetatron@feddit.org 2 points 1 hour ago

I never said it is the best game they ever made, but it is the best NASA punk space RPG they ever made 😁

[-] olicvb@lemmy.ca 13 points 14 hours ago* (last edited 6 hours ago)

According to SteamDB: [edit:Starfield has] around 10k every day which is about the same as Hogwarts Legacy, Bloons TD6, and No man's Sky

[-] Grumpy@sh.itjust.works 5 points 8 hours ago

Which version is that? The original Skyrim (aka oldrim) isn't even purchasable on steam and hidden unless you bought it back then. But some people still play that because some old mods only support oldrim.

Special edition is the main one now. It's holding 30k very steadily since 2020 https://steamdb.info/app/489830/charts/#breakdown

Many of modders also moved to gog version, myself included. Because I can permanently version control on gog unlike stream.

[-] olicvb@lemmy.ca 2 points 6 hours ago

I was talking about Starfield (i get how my comment isn't precise in that way now, i'll add an edit.. oops)

load more comments (8 replies)
load more comments (2 replies)
[-] teft@lemmy.world 91 points 20 hours ago

Anyway, apparently Bethesda hasn't been too dissuaded by the lukewarm reception its space sim got. Pagliarulo says it's now joined Fallout and Elder Scrolls on the podium as one of Bethesda's "big three”.

What a bunch of fucking clowns. Smoked too much copium it looks like.

[-] GeneralEmergency@lemmy.world 76 points 16 hours ago

Saying it is in the top three IPs for a company that only has three IPs is technically correct.

[-] shani66@ani.social 25 points 15 hours ago

Honestly, even with only three IPs i think starfield struggles to even break into the top 5

load more comments (1 replies)
load more comments (1 replies)
[-] shani66@ani.social 14 points 15 hours ago

Even disregarding just how bad starfield is, Emil is the literal worst person to say this. He is completely, shockingly incompetent when it comes to his job.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 04 Oct 2024
256 points (95.7% liked)

Games

16460 readers
1311 users here now

Video game news oriented community. No NanoUFO is not a bot :)

Posts.

1. News oriented content (general reviews, previews or retrospectives allowed).
  2. Broad discussion posts (preferably not only about a specific game).
  3. No humor/memes etc..
  4. No affiliate links
  5. No advertising.
  6. No clickbait, editorialized, sensational titles. State the game in question in the title. No all caps.
  7. No self promotion.
  8. No duplicate posts, newer post will be deleted unless there is more discussion in one of the posts.
  9. No politics.

Comments.

1. No personal attacks.
  2. Obey instance rules.
  3. No low effort comments(one or two words, emoji etc..)
  4. Please use spoiler tags for spoilers.

My goal is just to have a community where people can go and see what new game news is out for the day and comment on it.

Other communities:

Beehaw.org gaming

Lemmy.ml gaming

lemmy.ca pcgaming

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS