you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] pyre@lemmy.world 14 points 16 hours ago

do people play it now? never hear about it anymore.

[-] DarkMetatron@feddit.org 2 points 5 hours ago

I have started a complete new game 2 days ago and have again a lot of fun with Starfield. Can't wait to see all the new content from the DLC.

I would say that Starfield is the best NASA punk planet exploration RPG Bethesda has ever made

[-] BowtiesAreCool@lemmy.world 1 points 3 hours ago

I have a lot of fun with starfield, and enjoy the DLC, but admit it’s the weakest game they’ve made.

[-] DarkMetatron@feddit.org 2 points 3 hours ago

I never said it is the best game they ever made, but it is the best NASA punk space RPG they ever made 😁

[-] olicvb@lemmy.ca 14 points 16 hours ago* (last edited 8 hours ago)

According to SteamDB: [edit:Starfield has] around 10k every day which is about the same as Hogwarts Legacy, Bloons TD6, and No man's Sky

[-] Grumpy@sh.itjust.works 5 points 10 hours ago

Which version is that? The original Skyrim (aka oldrim) isn't even purchasable on steam and hidden unless you bought it back then. But some people still play that because some old mods only support oldrim.

Special edition is the main one now. It's holding 30k very steadily since 2020 https://steamdb.info/app/489830/charts/#breakdown

Many of modders also moved to gog version, myself included. Because I can permanently version control on gog unlike stream.

[-] olicvb@lemmy.ca 2 points 8 hours ago

I was talking about Starfield (i get how my comment isn't precise in that way now, i'll add an edit.. oops)

[-] pyre@lemmy.world -1 points 15 hours ago
[-] shadowedcross@sh.itjust.works 4 points 11 hours ago

Why? It has one of the biggest modding communities in gaming, so there's a lot for people to like about it still, assuming they're fine with modding it.

[-] pyre@lemmy.world -1 points 6 hours ago* (last edited 6 hours ago)

because it's slop. there are so many more games to play that have better writing, direction, characters, environments, exploration, combat, RPG elements, and overall design.

I don't get Bethesda fans insisting on modding bland ass games. you can play a game that's better to begin with.

[-] BigBananaDealer@lemm.ee 2 points 3 hours ago

the game is slop, everybody else playing it is wrong!

[-] filcuk@lemmy.zip 4 points 6 hours ago

A blank canvas is easier to add to

[-] Doom@ttrpg.network 4 points 12 hours ago

Why? I just played the original Deus Ex like two months ago? Is that sad too?

[-] pyre@lemmy.world 1 points 6 hours ago

the original deus ex is a masterpiece. you should be playing that every other year minimum. what the fuck kind of interpretation is that.

[-] Klear@sh.itjust.works 1 points 3 hours ago

I'm overdue but I'm waiting for Surreal 98 for VR support.

[-] ByteOnBikes@slrpnk.net 4 points 14 hours ago

I played 100 hours of Starfield. I dont remember much of it to be honest, nor am I interested in going back.

And yet I picked up Elden Ring back up like half a dozen times since release.

[-] vaultdweller013@sh.itjust.works 1 points 14 hours ago

All I remember is getting a legendary double barrel and sending enemies flying. Also like two quests.

this post was submitted on 04 Oct 2024
262 points (95.8% liked)

Games

16460 readers
1364 users here now

Video game news oriented community. No NanoUFO is not a bot :)

Posts.

1. News oriented content (general reviews, previews or retrospectives allowed).
  2. Broad discussion posts (preferably not only about a specific game).
  3. No humor/memes etc..
  4. No affiliate links
  5. No advertising.
  6. No clickbait, editorialized, sensational titles. State the game in question in the title. No all caps.
  7. No self promotion.
  8. No duplicate posts, newer post will be deleted unless there is more discussion in one of the posts.
  9. No politics.

Comments.

1. No personal attacks.
  2. Obey instance rules.
  3. No low effort comments(one or two words, emoji etc..)
  4. Please use spoiler tags for spoilers.

My goal is just to have a community where people can go and see what new game news is out for the day and comment on it.

Other communities:

Beehaw.org gaming

Lemmy.ml gaming

lemmy.ca pcgaming

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS