all 28 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] EllenKelly@hexbear.net 29 points 11 hours ago
[-] DragonBallZinn@hexbear.net 32 points 13 hours ago* (last edited 13 hours ago)

What is it with westerners and assuming they know more about Japan than actual Japanese people? I know this is ancient, but it’s even one of the stuff that white people like

Does Japan have problems with capitalism, racism, and other bigotry? Sure, but I would make a case that the average Japanese person is either more tolerant, or easier to win over than the average American.

[-] SadArtemis@hexbear.net 21 points 12 hours ago

What is it with westerners and assuming they know more about Japan than actual Japanese people?

Not Japanese (ethnic Chinese) but it hits a nerve (not your comment, no worries) from a recent convo I had myself tbh.

Westerners will jump to the worst assumptions regardless, but there's also never a shortage of self-hating tokens seeking white approval. Not just for Asians, it's obvious to anyone looking it's an issue for all non-white/non-westerners honestly. Westerners just gobble that shit up, the only thing they love more than shitting on other races/nationalities is finding self-hating compradors to do the dirty work of saying the most ignorant or bigoted shit for them (and not just kiss, straight up deepthroat imperialist boot in the process)

[-] Lussy@hexbear.net 18 points 12 hours ago* (last edited 12 hours ago)

They do the same thing about India. People who’ve never been there talking about shitting in the streets and how the caste system permeates every way of life as if there’s no tacit framework that confines people within classes in the west, no siree.

[-] Collatz_problem@hexbear.net 3 points 8 hours ago

What is it with westerners and assuming they know more about Japan than actual Japanese people?

You can replace Japan with any non-Western country: China, Russia, Ukraine, India, Palestine.

[-] MonsterRancher@hexbear.net 18 points 11 hours ago

. . .
And if he did understand it then his information about it must be wrong.
And if the information isn't wrong then Kojima's not worth caring about and his games are bad actually.

[-] Cammy@hexbear.net 18 points 12 hours ago

Of course, the famously apolitical creator of the apolitical Metal Gear Solid series couldn't possibly understand genre or theme.

Side note - I can't imagine being a writer as successful as Hideo Kojima and being subjected to this patronizing racism.

[-] celsiustimeline@lemmy.dbzer0.com 12 points 12 hours ago

The guy who has written cyberpunk stories for 40 years, who is deeply synonymous with one of the most exciting emergent forms of art ever created, who includes characters in his stories that embody themes of transhumanism and gender fluidity, doesn't know what the terms "cyberpunk" or "transgender" means apparently.

[-] TraschcanOfIdeology@hexbear.net 33 points 15 hours ago

But I don't want to be cyberpunk trans, I want to be cottagecore trans

[-] Thallo@hexbear.net 18 points 14 hours ago

this

I don't want wires and shit harshing my vibe

[-] jack@hexbear.net 14 points 13 hours ago

What if you had vines growing out of your arms but in a cool, chill way

[-] Thallo@hexbear.net 18 points 12 hours ago
[-] TraschcanOfIdeology@hexbear.net 6 points 10 hours ago

Less witch more dryad, but yeah, totally this vibe.

[-] Thallo@hexbear.net 28 points 14 hours ago

Cyberpunk: I support trans

Kojima: I support trans

Isn't there someone you forgot to ask?

[-] Rose@lemmy.zip 10 points 12 hours ago

Looks fake. Cannot find it among his tweets.

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 9 points 10 hours ago

100% lol. I can believe he's not particularly transphobic, but this doesn't read like him, and he's really not given to making statements like this.

[-] kristina@hexbear.net 46 points 16 hours ago* (last edited 16 hours ago)
[-] milk_thief@hexbear.net 28 points 17 hours ago

غزوات غير محدودة على صليبي البرغر

[-] gon@lemm.ee 11 points 17 hours ago

that's an odd thing to say

[-] CloutAtlas@hexbear.net 30 points 16 hours ago

I'm assuming the reply is in Arabic because the chud in OP's image is named "Templar" and has the Christian Cross and the English flag.

Burger implies the poster is also unhealthy

[-] milk_thief@hexbear.net 30 points 16 hours ago

Burger crusader means amerikan imperialist

[-] milk_thief@hexbear.net 20 points 16 hours ago

treatlerite mfers who listen to gregorians chants and pay for twitter think they are Lionheart

[-] UmbraVivi@hexbear.net 16 points 12 hours ago

treatlerite

I am vetoing this word. Such a cursed amalgamation of jargon must not be allowed.

[-] CloutAtlas@hexbear.net 17 points 16 hours ago

It's the flag of St George, though, could be just a regular gammon from TERF Island

[-] milk_thief@hexbear.net 17 points 15 hours ago

shrug-outta-hecks UK is also pretty burger ngl

[-] shath@hexbear.net 9 points 13 hours ago
[-] doublepepperoni@hexbear.net 2 points 10 hours ago

Sausage roll crusader

this post was submitted on 03 Oct 2024
118 points (100.0% liked)

games

20450 readers
534 users here now

Tabletop, DnD, board games, and minecraft. Also Animal Crossing.

Rules

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS