And even further, only those exact same two seats are ‘taken’ for every single showing.

I thought for sure the after church showings tomorrow would be at least somewhat full, but nope.

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Thcdenton@lemmy.world 4 points 10 hours ago
[-] Grandwolf319@sh.itjust.works 29 points 15 hours ago

That’s cause there is no target audience. His supporters already think he can do no wrong so who is this film trying to win over?

[-] SassyRamen@lemmy.world 35 points 15 hours ago

Russian money don't clean itself

[-] Shark_Ra_Thanos@lemmy.ml 6 points 11 hours ago

Get real, it don't even try anymore.

[-] zbyte64@awful.systems 1 points 3 hours ago

Right? It would be a serious business error to not get Erdogan in on the production.

[-] Hossenfeffer@feddit.uk 20 points 18 hours ago

So? How was it?

[-] mycodesucks@lemmy.world 56 points 21 hours ago

Not that I think this isn't hilarious, but to quote Trump's own idiotic ramblings, "Nobody knows what an app is." His redneck supporters that don't trust such fancy lib'ral scams as "mail" and "locked drop boxes" sure aren't going to understand using an app to book a seat in a movie theater.

[-] bleistift2@sopuli.xyz 3 points 15 hours ago

In my local theater you also have to ‘reserve’ a seat when you buy the ticket in person. Don’t ask me why.

[-] asret@lemmy.zip 5 points 7 hours ago

Assigned seating has been the norm here for decades. Makes things go a little more smoothly, especially when everyone expects it.

[-] XeroxCool@lemmy.world 8 points 10 hours ago* (last edited 10 hours ago)

Reasonable reason: pre-2020 theaters would be packed sometimes and it's helpful to have assigned seats. It resolves seating disputes and gets people to go straight to their seats. When I saw Avengers End Game (or maybe Infinity War), they had to have employees spotting empty seats for everyone walking in.

Cynical theory: they're logging seat selection trends and going to move to tiered pricing like airplane seats

[-] Soggy@lemmy.world 0 points 10 hours ago

So that someone ordering online doesn't try to buy your seat. Obviously.

[-] bleistift2@sopuli.xyz 1 points 9 hours ago

30 minutes before the show?

[-] Soggy@lemmy.world 1 points 8 hours ago

Yes? "Hey wanna catch a movie?" "Sure, looks like the new Deadpool has a showing in like twenty minutes." "Dope. You order the tickets, I'll drive."

Why would they not apply the same system to all purchases? Either seats are reserved or they aren't.

[-] Dagwood222@lemm.ee 9 points 15 hours ago
[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 17 points 13 hours ago

I don't know what's worse, that an idiot wrote this, the only piece of trivia on the IMDB about the film, or that six people found it helpful.

[-] Imgonnatrythis@sh.itjust.works 102 points 1 day ago

Totally sold out. The most sold out movie ever. You remember Titan-ick? Had a naked girl in it and it didn't sell as many tickets as this movie. People are saying this is the best movie there is. People are watching it 4 or 5 times and saying how good it is. I haven't seen it. Maybe I'll see it. Deenish de-sooza did the movie. She's hot, have you seen her? Smokin hot. They wanted me to be in it. Was I I in it? Sure, maybe. Great movie. The best.

[-] Professorozone@lemmy.world 4 points 16 hours ago

OMG! Nailed it dude!

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] ccunning@lemmy.world 229 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

To be clear:
The ‘x’ seats are ‘taken’
The 🟦 seats are ‘available’

ETA As many have pointed out, since these same two seats are blocked for every showing, I believe it’s because they’re broken; not sold.

[-] s08nlql9@lemm.ee 78 points 1 day ago

I assumed it meant the seat was out of service because its broken

[-] robdor@lemmynsfw.com 26 points 23 hours ago

Yeah I think JD Vance booked a private showing of some film last week and sat right there.

[-] nilloc@discuss.tchncs.de 10 points 22 hours ago

Even if it wasn’t broken, nobody should be touching any upholstery he’s spent any time with.

[-] Jimmyeatsausage@lemmy.world 31 points 1 day ago

Only the person in it...

[-] Someonelol@lemmy.dbzer0.com 143 points 1 day ago

It kind of makes sense. People who love Trump don't exactly have the patience to watch a documentary to begin with.

[-] Telorand@reddthat.com 59 points 1 day ago

Why watch a movie, when you could get a random screed from the source himself at 3AM, which you can read in about 30sec?

load more comments (2 replies)
load more comments (5 replies)
[-] argh_another_username@lemmy.ca 120 points 1 day ago

If both seats are taken for all showings, probably they are broken and locked off.

[-] radix@lemmy.world 110 points 1 day ago

Well I've seen enough to know it's not even worth a hate watch:

[-] Mongostein@lemmy.ca 35 points 23 hours ago* (last edited 23 hours ago)

From Wikipedia

Dinesh Joseph D'Souza (/dɪˈnɛʃdəˈsuːzə/; born April 25, 1961) is an American right-wing[1][2][3] political commentator, conspiracy theorist, author, filmmaker and convicted felon who received a Presidential pardon by Donald Trump for his crimes.

Surprise surprise.

[-] Grandwolf319@sh.itjust.works 4 points 15 hours ago

All that AND a felon ehh.

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 5 points 17 hours ago

I cannot wait for the Some More News episode on this movie now...

[-] Gullible@sh.itjust.works 76 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)
[-] Bonesince1997@lemmy.world 37 points 1 day ago

I think this guy wanted to be the Michael Moore of whatever side he represents, but he's not talented.

I'd never heard that name before. I looked it up. I feel like I'm dumber for having done so.

[-] GroundedGator@lemmy.world 1 points 3 hours ago

I did the same

[-] kn0wmad1c@programming.dev 51 points 1 day ago

With this movie, Am I Racist?, and Reagan all playing at the same time, the GOP is really going full-throttle in attempting to exploit their base.

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] _thebrain_@sh.itjust.works 22 points 1 day ago

I dont know how much I believe the theater. This is tomorrow in Connecticut. 4:55 sold out but all the other times have zero to 7 people. Yeah it's a Sunday but I would t put it past thr gop to be artificially inflating box office receipts.

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 15 points 17 hours ago

Might be a thing like with Christian movies where a church buys out an entire show in one block in the expectation of their parishioners all going. It artificially inflates their box office numbers too, of course.

[-] GoofSchmoofer@lemmy.world 15 points 16 hours ago

Because that is what churches are supposed to do - promote politicians 🙄

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 5 points 16 hours ago

It's literally illegal, but good luck getting the IRS to do anything about it.

[-] cm0002@lemmy.world 56 points 1 day ago

Lmao in a city with ~300k, not much better lol

[-] radix@lemmy.world 47 points 1 day ago

I got curious. This showing is in about 90 minutes, in one of the reddest counties in the country.

There is another show tonight that has about 10 tickets sold.

[-] odium@programming.dev 34 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

One of the reddest places in a major Texas metropolis, on a Saturday evening, an hour before the showing:

load more comments (3 replies)
load more comments (4 replies)
[-] ImplyingImplications@lemmy.ca 35 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Just two bros chilling in the movie theater, 5 seats apart because they're not gay!

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 28 Sep 2024
466 points (97.4% liked)

Mildly Interesting

17113 readers
1456 users here now

This is for strictly mildly interesting material. If it's too interesting, it doesn't belong. If it's not interesting, it doesn't belong.

This is obviously an objective criteria, so the mods are always right. Or maybe mildly right? Ahh.. what do we know?

Just post some stuff and don't spam.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS