opportunities for more death

[-] UlyssesT@hexbear.net 38 points 1 day ago

Reagan: His Life And Legend, by Max Boot

I HATE NOMINATIVE DETERMINISM

I HATE NOMINATIVE DETERMINISM

[-] Z_Poster365@hexbear.net 10 points 1 day ago

maximum boot does it again

[-] mathemachristian@hexbear.net 12 points 1 day ago

The Ukrainians are certainly not wavering.

They're fucking dead that's why. You absolute ghoul, you're staring at a corpse and are amazed at how it doesn't move.

[-] Tom742@hexbear.net 26 points 1 day ago

Max Boot licker more like bootlicker

[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 25 points 1 day ago

They were slamming Trump the other day on CNN for wanting to negotiate a deal between the ukranzais and russia. Imagine Trump being the fucking peace maker?

[-] Vernon_Tennessee@hexbear.net 24 points 1 day ago

Trump: lets build a wall, put families in cages and drill baby drill!

Dems: aight, sounds good enough.

Trump: lets negotiate a peace settlement between Russia and Ukraine.

Dems: "HES A DANGER TO DEMOCRACY!!!"

[-] culpritus@hexbear.net 15 points 1 day ago

being the peace option compared to hillary-assassin was his successful strategy before

[-] SacredExcrement@hexbear.net 12 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Really funny that Donald Trump could have a case made for being the 'harm reduction candidate', seeing as Harris et all want to keep this going, are 'fine' with everything Israel is doing, and her wanting to actually be to the right of Trump on immigration...

And by funny, I mean agony-immense

[-] heggs_bayer@hexbear.net 3 points 18 hours ago

libbing-outspeech-side-l-1Ackshually, pulling out of Ukraine would be harm maximization because the savage Ruzzzzzzzzzzzz... 1 million "z"s later... zzzzzzians would invade all of the civilized and enlightened Western Europe. It's just more proof that Drumpf and Putler are .speech-side-l-2

[-] ThermonuclearEgg@hexbear.net 5 points 1 day ago

Imagine Trump being the fucking peace maker?

I think this is the liberal theory, on the grounds that it would tie in perfectly with his brand of isolationism.

[-] Collatz_problem@hexbear.net 12 points 1 day ago

Sometimes I suspect that the West is deliberately maximizing damage to Ukraine to ensure it will never be able to leave its sphere of influence.

[-] jolliver_bromwell@hexbear.net 5 points 1 day ago

the politicians have been drinking the kool aid through a fire hose for a while now but there are still scores of dullesite demons running the actual m.i.c machinery who undoubtedly always had this in mind

[-] PKMKII@hexbear.net 16 points 1 day ago

more Ukrainian focus on mobilizing manpower, expanding its defense industry and building fortifications

Haven’t they been doing that the last two years? Does Booty here think they’ve got some bootstrapping left in them they haven’t tapped yet?

[-] Tiocfaidhcaisarla@hexbear.net 12 points 1 day ago

Is it just me or did the language of "world peace" dissipate after the end of the cold war?

[-] Saeculum@hexbear.net 2 points 8 hours ago

Peace in a world with imperialist powers can only be maintained by force of arms.

[-] GoodGuyWithACat@hexbear.net 8 points 1 day ago

Of course it's from Max Boot.

[-] RomCom1989@hexbear.net 5 points 1 day ago
this post was submitted on 28 Sep 2024
62 points (98.4% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15891 readers
450 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS