submitted 11 months ago by Starshader@lemmy.ml to c/memes@lemmy.ml
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Fades@lemmy.world 111 points 11 months ago

There is no “lemmy”, every instance is unique. Just don’t waste your time with the fascist instances

[-] morrowind@lemmy.ml 2 points 11 months ago

There is a lemmyverse, or threadiverse if you prefer

[-] Perfide@reddthat.com 4 points 11 months ago

Or, y'know, fediverse. The original term.

[-] RizzRustbolt@lemmy.world 1 points 11 months ago
[-] morrowind@lemmy.ml 1 points 11 months ago

They're not the same, threadiverse refers to the reddit-like part of the fediverse (lemmy and kbin for now) and there's definite social barriers between it and other parts of the fediverse.

[-] TangledHyphae@lemmy.world 2 points 11 months ago

Do you have any recommendations on finding more centrist lemmy instances? Because there is an extreme left and right which seems clear amongst quite a few instances and I don't want to be a part of any of them.

[-] deadsenator@lemmy.ml 2 points 11 months ago

lemmy.ca seems nice.

[-] jaybone@lemmy.world 2 points 11 months ago

I’ve never seen a right wing instance. I guess they are not federated with Lemmy.world

[-] TangledHyphae@lemmy.world 2 points 11 months ago

That appears to be what's happening. I think at this point I should probably set up my own instance to federate multiple sources and not be stuck with one specific content filter. Not right-wing at all (truthsocial already contains most of those.. people, hard pass), just more a mix of everything.

[-] chakan2@lemmy.world 0 points 11 months ago

Centrist views are shunned by the internet at large. Both sides hate us.

[-] gkd@lemmy.ml 2 points 11 months ago

Because a large number of people on boards like Reddit or Twitter who call themselves centrists use “I’m not a republican” as some way to excuse bigoted views on race, LGBT issues, etc. I suppose the opposite may be true if you’re in a right-leaning place and have left-leaning views, although I wouldn’t know.

While that might not be the view of centrists in general, that’s the perception of the “centrist” on the internet, and why people generally don’t like them.

this post was submitted on 06 Nov 2023
634 points (87.6% liked)

Memes

45300 readers
2086 users here now

Rules:

1. Be civil and nice.
  2. Try not to excessively repost, as a rule of thumb, wait at least 2 months to do it if you have to.

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS