Watch this...

Radio Free Asia: "did you know in North Korea they eat babies?"

Me: "I don't believe that."

Radio Free Asia: "WHAT?!?!? How did you do that???"

See. And I'm just a dumbass who does nothing but smoke weed and watch pirated b-horror movies. Whats everyone else's fucking excuse?

People fall for this shit because they want to, not because the state department has magical brainwashing powers. Propaganda doesn't mean people don't have fucking agency.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Comp4@hexbear.net 12 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

Im not making excuses. It just seems to me that if the starting conditions were better it would be more likely for someone to break out of the liberal/chud zone and challenge the status quo. Like if there was no red scare in the USA ...Communism would be less of a taboo for many people.

To turn this around im not sure I can take much credit for arriving at the conclusion that the USA is the great Satan. Im not American. Now if I was an American and I lived a good life in the USA ? Then maybe ?...it must be incredibly easy to buy into the American myth if you are white and live a good (wealthy) life.

In a way the people that arrive on Hexbear to me seem like people that beat the odds to arrive at the conclusions they arrived at. Since the site does skew towards Americans and it seems the Left is pretty fucked in the USA. So being someone who is cool with Marxist Leninism is kind of like being a Unicorn. (At least in the heart of the beast)

this post was submitted on 11 Oct 2023
169 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13460 readers
736 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS