submitted 3 days ago by King@r.nf to c/technology@lemmy.world

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 95 points 3 days ago

I feel bad for her, honestly. She was open about her sexuality and she's conventionally attractive, so now she has all these leering old men on TV slobbering all over her.

Bill Maher practically tried to talk her into bed on his show with his creepy shit about mentoring her.

[-] TheGrandNagus@lemmy.world 19 points 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago)

You know, you're the first person I've seen that's shared the same view as me (not that I've spoken about the topic much! lol)

Woman admits that she has performed an extremely benign sexual act before - ghasp! A girl has given someone a blowjob before!

And more than that, she has a "dumb" accent! Let's make endless memes about her online basically calling her a slutty moron whose only life skill is sucking cock.

Honestly no wonder women feel pressured to pretend they have no sexual desires

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 15 points 2 days ago

Honestly, I never understand why people like this get the level of fame that they do, but at least stop creeping on the poor lady.

[-] Urist@lemmy.ml 32 points 3 days ago

Oof. What is up with these creepy, sweaty dudes on talkshows? I know they somewhat reflect the general populace, but to pull shit like this on air is just boggling.

[-] lud@lemm.ee 9 points 2 days ago

They don't reflect the "general populace" it's just that you kinda have to be an asshole to become famous or you become an asshole afterwards.

[-] thrawn@lemmy.world 4 points 2 days ago

Okay so I haven’t heard about her before this but, from this thread and a quick google search, I feel like I know enough. Anyway. I’m hopeful then that the fame will pass— lots of internet fad celebrities fade and become more or less normal people again soon— but she pockets enough money to live a good life and keep paying it forward.

this post was submitted on 06 Oct 2024
732 points (90.9% liked)

Technology

58521 readers
5652 users here now

This is a most excellent place for technology news and articles.

Our Rules

1. Follow the lemmy.world rules.
  2. Only tech related content.
  3. Be excellent to each another!
  4. Mod approved content bots can post up to 10 articles per day.
  5. Threads asking for personal tech support may be deleted.
  6. Politics threads may be removed.
  7. No memes allowed as posts, OK to post as comments.
  8. Only approved bots from the list below, to ask if your bot can be added please contact us.
  9. Check for duplicates before posting, duplicates may be removed

Approved Bots

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS