[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 11 points 1 year ago

I wouldn't, my food prep skills far supercede my wife's. I'd likely get mashed potatoes for lunch every day.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 10 points 1 year ago

As a non-American, I think the country still gives the world something. People may bitch and moan the military industrial complex, but I am glad American taxpayers sacrifice their own money to keep Chinese imperialism from devouring my country.

I also think the American tech sector brings a lot to the table.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cesspool of a nation, but it still produces useful goods and services.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 15 points 1 year ago

This is why insurance companies are dropping out of the State, and yet I'd wager a good chunk of the population deny climate change exist.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 64 points 1 year ago

An IT professor just told me he had to go over basic hygiene with his class. Sometimes stereotypes exist because they're true.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 16 points 1 year ago

I'm convinced he's purposely driving the company into the ground at this point.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 30 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

#3 Why we still haven't got colonies on the moon

#2 Climate change

#1 That fascism is back

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 22 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

The cannon fodder comment is pure projection from Putin.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 9 points 1 year ago

Climate refugees will have to find new homes. I would imagine New Zealand and Tahiti would absorb the couple-thousand people as they are the closest larger Pacific Island nations. Australia is less friendly to immigrants.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 24 points 1 year ago

I'm non-tech. I swing a hammer for a living.

The extent of my knowledge is building my gaming PC and a bit of HTML 20 years ago. I'm still a bit confused as to what is going on, but I'm managing.

I think more people will migrate here once more apps create accessibility for the layperson.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 12 points 1 year ago

Just remember, lack of engagement will hurt the pockets more than any vandalism ever will.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 14 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Or for example, you get a special award for 100 comments to give away.

[-] Blastoid5000@lemmy.world 14 points 1 year ago

Hey I know it's a bit thin right now but I just wanted to send a thanks out into the void to those of you who are posting hockey content here as it was my main reason for being on reddit.

view more: next ›

Blastoid5000

joined 1 year ago