[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 21 points 5 months ago

It means they want to use telemetry to understand which features are used, to change how they deploy features. Since it's related to investment I wouldn't be surprised if it means more intrusive stuff like Pocket rather than their subtly irritating changes to bookmarks being worked out better.

I don't need feature developement streamlining based on user surveillance. I need options to disable features which are built based on a serious user feedback system if I don't need them.

Best thing about Floorp is how it lets you swap between layouts of the browser itself to me

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 19 points 5 months ago

It kind of pisses me off how people treat kids having stomach trouble as some kind of inevitability. It doesn't need to be that inevtable or severe. I think kids are particularly vulnerable to this too and yet we dumb insane amount of sugar and industrial preservatives and anti-microbials that fall short of antibiotics and plasticizers into their bodies when it's going to disproportionately affect their mental development. The only solutions most people have are woo-woo and Psychology Today, at this point I cannot tell which has worse results.

submitted 5 months ago by 1917isnow@lemmy.ml to c/memes@lemmy.ml
[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 22 points 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago)

Not a bad option, but what are the potential advantages over using the Pages feature of Misskey forks, or simply Wordpress?

Substack itself didn't even present a correct UI to me on mobile so I never bothered with it when it was initially popularized. Still seems to have the issue, too.

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 34 points 5 months ago

Fun fact I learned from the Lemmy link submission form: Ghostarchive.org does a swell job of grabbing Twitter replies. Unfortunately, replies are absolutely worthless and so is the rest of the site including Spaces, the one feature it holds over ActivityPub.

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 32 points 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago)

That conversion rate kind of fits my hand math of 4-5 AA shots at $2M apiece for 99 projectiles so I wonder if they also just pulled numbers out of their ass. I should become an OSINT analyst 📰🐈💭 I bet it's even higher than that.

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 58 points 5 months ago

The great Ukraine flag schism

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 44 points 5 months ago

who could have anticipated that bombing an embassy would have repercussions

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 30 points 5 months ago

The troops cannot be allowed to lose morale because they remember where their home is and it sure isn't "Israel"

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 21 points 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago)

so is ben norton but he has the highly luminescent aesthetic so i can't trust him until he finishes his master's degree in communism or whatever in china

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 62 points 5 months ago

Iran's operation against Israel went better than expected — IRGC commander

"Our reaction to any aggression from Israel will be more severe," Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Hossein Salami said. Iran carried out a successful operation against Israel; missiles and drones were able to penetrate the missile defense systems of the Zionist entity [correction], Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Hossein Salami said.

"We know that our operation was more successful than expected. <…> Our reaction to any aggression from Israel will be more severe," the Iranian state television channel Press TV quoted him as saying.

TASS (Russian state media 😈)

[-] 1917isnow@lemmy.ml 20 points 5 months ago

It's wild, but I can't bring myself to trust anyone with the vlogger aesthetic

view more: next ›

1917isnow

joined 5 months ago