top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] borlax@hexbear.net 86 points 9 months ago

I love how mad gen xers get when it comes to admitting they were very privileged. They are proud of it, but also insanely mad about it.

[-] Dagwood222@lemm.ee 33 points 9 months ago

Old mystery/thriller book by John D. MacDonald. 'The Brass Cupcake.' In the story, the hero explains that in prison slang, a 'cupcake' is a privilege that can be revoked at anytime by any guard. Everything under our system is a cupcake.

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] Dirt_Owl@hexbear.net 77 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

[CW: Abuse]

I got bad news for you gen X, we millennials were beaten by our parents too. We had the same fucking parents

yea

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] Mardoniush@hexbear.net 76 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

"I am a victim of physical assault and an alcoholic kept functional by my squeezing into the last drop of prosperity afforded by the looting of the eastern bloc, this is why I am not to be pitied"

[-] dragongloss@hexbear.net 73 points 9 months ago

Millennials are gonna be in hospice and people are still gonna treat that generation like they are little kids and blame them for another industry under-performing capitalists' expectations.

[-] LeopardShepherd@hexbear.net 46 points 9 months ago

"Why millenials ruining hospice care"

[-] Adkml@hexbear.net 29 points 9 months ago

It's really endearing you think they'd let us have hospice care.

That's already becoming the cash cow of a fucked industry, you're going to have to prove three times active income to be admitted to hospice care.

Millenials retirement will look like the next generation setting a loaded gun on the table next to us and then looking at us expectantly.

[-] ThisMachinePostsHog@hexbear.net 25 points 9 months ago

Yeah, my retirement plan is ending up on one of those "creepy, unsolved disappearances" compilation videos on youtube.

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] pumpchilienthusiast@hexbear.net 72 points 9 months ago

the thing you need to remember about generation-x is we are the most lead-addled generation in history

you're gonna need to kill us all, for the good of the planet, I beg you

[-] kleeon@hexbear.net 68 points 9 months ago

Y'all

shut the fuck up

[-] DragonBallZinn@hexbear.net 67 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

"You really wanna start things with us while we drink our wine in our homes we bought through our sheer tyranny of will?"

Oh no, you're not taking credit for what the millennials went through. But sure, keep it classy by rubbing your house that you were lucky enough to buy before investors ruined everything in our faces, you sure showed us.

I think they realize they were spoiled and got the easy gig, but they find it emasculating so that's why they lash out at us.

[-] Scew@hexbear.net 22 points 9 months ago

The sheer force of will required to have been handed a job you aren't qualified for that pays more than you're worth and in so doing been made able to afford a house that was bought for TWO paperclips and the string in their pocket that they unfortunately have to sell for 2 million dollars now...

[-] CthulhusIntern@hexbear.net 62 points 9 months ago

The reactions you get when you say "my parents didn't hit me and I turned out fine."

[-] Alaskaball@hexbear.net 57 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

Oh cute. I was both given time-outs, beaten with a belt, and got the added bonus of getting beaten with a stick on my hands and feet as a millennial child. Where's my oppression trophy

[-] Tankiedesantski@hexbear.net 26 points 9 months ago

I have it, I got beaten with a rolling pin.

[-] Alaskaball@hexbear.net 20 points 9 months ago

Ooo that sounds like an awful experience. If I may ask, was it more of a clubbing than a whacking?

[-] gruvn@lemm.ee 54 points 9 months ago

As a Gen X - fuck this guy. You have to be an ignorant ass to write off all the issues faced by everyone trying to make a life for themselves these days. We've all been fucked by capitalism, and we shouldn't be blaming each other.

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 50 points 9 months ago

the fuck you say bitch? you think you're tough? well i was abused as a defenseless child by people with more physical and social power than me who abjectly failed in their responsibility to protect and nurture me! bet you're scared now!

[-] RyanGosling@hexbear.net 50 points 9 months ago

Millennials are closing in on 50 years old now lol. It’s incredible that every millennial is a college freshman going into gender studies in the minds of these people

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 47 points 9 months ago

Millennial cut-off is generally agreed to be 1981, so the oldest elder Millennial is, at most, 42

[-] PKMKII@hexbear.net 51 points 9 months ago

Point still remains that referring to a generation that’s on average in their mid 30’s as “snot-nosed little shits” is peak “I stopped registering that things change in 2004.”

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] roux@hexbear.net 32 points 9 months ago

These fucking losers are gonna be bitching about millennials way after we are all dead. I'm waiting for us to be blamed for the heat death of the universe when that happens.

[-] buh@hexbear.net 22 points 9 months ago

Be proud, no other generation is powerful enough to bring about the apocalypse

[-] DragonBallZinn@hexbear.net 19 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

Knowing boomer luck, they're going to become fucking immortal and most certainly will blame us long after our entire generation died off.

[-] roux@hexbear.net 13 points 9 months ago

I might workshop this into one of my short stories while I pretend to be a writer until I get a new job actually lol.

[-] Lucien@hexbear.net 44 points 9 months ago

Boomers weren't the parents of gen x wtf 😂

[-] edge@hexbear.net 35 points 9 months ago

They were for plenty of gen Xers. An early boomer having kids in their mid 20s would have made a mid to late gen X.

[-] Lucien@hexbear.net 14 points 9 months ago

I wouldn't call that "plenty"; that's an edge case at best

[-] LENINSGHOSTFACEKILLA@hexbear.net 41 points 9 months ago

the fuck is he even upset about?

[-] MNByChoice@midwest.social 33 points 9 months ago

It seems someone in the Internet was mean to them.

[-] Blottergrass@hexbear.net 24 points 9 months ago

the way his life and personality turned out

[-] hotcouchguy@hexbear.net 38 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

Not wrong that their generation is the one propping up this dying system.

Also that @ just screams "drone pilot supervisor". He's the tough supervisor that won't let them take their breaks until the wedding is double-tapped.

[-] bazingabrain@hexbear.net 38 points 9 months ago

This is peak Foucault posting, i mean down to the fucking belt buckle, beautiful chefs-kiss

[-] Adkml@hexbear.net 29 points 9 months ago

There is something special about them trying to sprinkle in some "I fucking love science" bullshit and completely fucking it up.

The boomers would be proud

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 25 points 9 months ago

“Gen X saved democracy you ungrateful shits, also it’s good to beat children into submission”

[-] PKMKII@hexbear.net 37 points 9 months ago

Nothing says gristled tough guy like drinking Pinot Grigio in your paid-off McMansion.

[-] MNByChoice@midwest.social 35 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

Generational fights are stupid and fix nothing.

Edit: Emphasis on fix.

[-] zed_proclaimer@hexbear.net 20 points 9 months ago

Eh, 80%+ of American boomers support genociding Palestinians while only like 15% of young people do. There is certainly something going on

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 18 points 9 months ago

true. that said, every elder millenial must undergo a reeducation process.

load more comments (6 replies)
[-] sloth@hexbear.net 33 points 9 months ago
[-] BelieveRevolt@hexbear.net 33 points 9 months ago

New site tagline pls

[-] Adkml@hexbear.net 33 points 9 months ago

Broke: boomers suck

Woke: pretty much 80% of every generation sucks

[-] WIIHAPPYFEW@hexbear.net 28 points 9 months ago

In 50 years we’re gonna see these types of posts from people who made danganronpa-themed discourse infographics on instagram in 2020

[-] GoroAkechi@hexbear.net 29 points 9 months ago

What are you doing to do, buy avocado toast?

[-] emizeko@hexbear.net 15 points 9 months ago

30 buckle holes in it to reduce wind speed

when a dumbass tries to talk about physics

[-] ShareThatBread@hexbear.net 15 points 9 months ago

Coldsteel the HedGen X

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 11 Dec 2023
162 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15893 readers
338 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS