top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] ZeroCool@feddit.ch 203 points 10 months ago

Remember when Steven Crowder had a complete meltdown because his wife didn't need his permission to file for divorce from his abusive-ass? This is the average conservative mindset. They hate that women have autonomy. It's why they're doing everything they can to elect people that will reverse women's rights. I don't blame women at all for refusing to date or marry these misogynistic losers.

[-] jonne@infosec.pub 86 points 10 months ago

Yep, they're actually attacking no-fault divorce because of that.

load more comments (3 replies)
load more comments (1 replies)
[-] Letstakealook@lemm.ee 164 points 10 months ago

As a man, I'd never even consider dating a woman on the right, and there's far less at stake for me than a woman dating a conservative. This idea that decent people should enter into relationships, romantic or otherwise, with shit stains is absurd.

[-] FuglyDuck@lemmy.world 78 points 10 months ago

I’m shocked at the number of women who are completely okay with what the Republican Party wants to do to them.

I mean, I’m pretty sure if they had their way, their hunting dog’s would actually have more rights than women,

load more comments (2 replies)
load more comments (15 replies)
[-] 0110010001100010@lemmy.world 115 points 10 months ago

So women don't want men that vote to strip them of their rights and want as much control over them as possible? Color me shocked...

[-] deegeese@sopuli.xyz 107 points 10 months ago

The free market decided. It says ‘no’.

[-] athos77@kbin.social 102 points 10 months ago

The more serious argument comes from their insistence that cross-political marriages will help save the nation from "the Trump-era divisions" and social ills stemming from men's misogyny. [...] Worse, it shifts responsibility for male misbehavior onto women. The blame for MAGA is subtly moved away from those who are perpetuating the problem, meaning Trump's predominantly male voters, onto the shoulders of Democratic women who have been doing everything right all along. It's reminiscent of the way women's hemlines are blamed for male violence or the way mothers are blamed for what their grown sons choose to do. It feels easier to blame women than to hold men accountable.

I'm so fucking tired of people (consciously or unconsciously) expecting women to make the effort, make the sacrifice, to "fix things".

Trying to get men who already think women are inferior to listen to their liberal wives is a joke.

Which is why even just making the effort feels fruitless. There are incredibly few people in my life who would've been worth the massive amount of effort and pain and sheer dedication this kind of conversion requires.

[-] Trev625@lemm.ee 26 points 10 months ago

There are incredibly few people in my life who would've been worth the massive amount of effort and pain and sheer dedication this kind of conversion requires.

PREACH! I had to cut my sister out of my life because of her stupid MAGA husband. I can't even begin to imagine how much work it would take to pull someone back from far right to just centrist let alone any more left than that.

[-] TheLurker@lemmy.world 102 points 10 months ago

I mean if a woman wants to marry a person who is a Trump supporter, then while I question her sanity... Okay I guess? 🤷‍♂️

But this idea that women are not marrying Trump supporters because of "social pressure" just sounds to me like another of the long line of "women are weak and can't make their own decisions" arguments.

But then again what can you expect from conservatives who can only think in terms of binaries?

load more comments (19 replies)
[-] TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee 97 points 10 months ago

Lmao.

The snowflakes have to use an editorial board because they are repugnant, worthless losers who offer nothing to a mate.

Truly, they are alpha males.

[-] Haus@kbin.social 95 points 10 months ago

Conflating farting loudly on purpose with voting for Trump is really unfair for those of us who fart loudly on purpose. My farts never took away the right to get an abortion.

[-] porcariasagrada@slrpnk.net 28 points 10 months ago

trying to conflate dangerous political stances with harmless social faux-pass is a normalization technique used by the far right pretty often.

yeah voting for policies that de facto decrease the life quality of a large number of people, needlessly, is the same as farting in public. how cute and quirky.

[-] PrincessLeiasCat@sh.itjust.works 93 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

"If attitudes don’t shift, a political dating mismatch will threaten marriage," declared a recent headline of a Washington Post column by the editorial board.

Seems to me like Trump voters need to shift their attitudes.

[-] RGB3x3@lemmy.world 29 points 10 months ago

Right? In what world do we blame the people choosing not to marry assholes than the assholes themselves?

[-] Chetzemoka@startrek.website 23 points 10 months ago

Everyone remember this post next time you find yourselves wondering where incels got the idea that they're entitled to women's affection without any effort on their own part.

[-] fmstrat@lemmy.nowsci.com 83 points 10 months ago

Sums the article up nicely:

Voting for Trump means backing a man who has been accused of sexual assault by two dozen women, and who a judge and jury deemed responsible for rape. It means backing the man who repeatedly brags that he got Roe v. Wade overturned. In addition, the MAGA media consumed by most Republicans is hardly neutral on the question of sexism. They are all for it, from the tired sexist jokes on Fox News to bizarre internet trends like "tradwives." For a woman, marrying a Trump supporter isn't about being with someone who has different views on tax rates. It's bringing someone into your home who ascribes to an ideology in which you are not fully human.

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 67 points 10 months ago

I don't even understand this. Shouldn't people want to be in relationships with people they're compatible with?

[-] Natanael@slrpnk.net 51 points 10 months ago

"be more compatible with us while we make no effort"

[-] n0m4n@lemmy.world 65 points 10 months ago

I would not date a female Republican, considering how far Republicans have sunk under Trump. I am male.

[-] Youusedtobebetter@lemm.ee 54 points 10 months ago

Divorce Republicans out of your life. We all know dem isn't the be all end all, but it ain't fascism baby

[-] Cyberflunk@lemmy.world 48 points 10 months ago

NORMALIZE REPUBLICAN HATRED

[-] streetfestival@lemmy.ca 36 points 10 months ago

It's completely normalized already! Oops, maybe you meant hatred of republicans ;P

[-] lolcatnip@reddthat.com 42 points 10 months ago

Republicans are disgusting and dangerous. Nobody should willingly associate with one, much less marry one.

[-] reverendsteveii@lemm.ee 37 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

If "I sexually assault women all the time" isn't a dealbreaker for you politically, no one is going to fuck you and they shouldn't. part of the danger with trump is our media's continued insistence on treating him like a guy with some non-mainstream ideas rather than someone who has openly said that if they ever take power again they're going to turn the US into a military dictatorship starting on day one and then published their plan to do so.

[-] Moobythegoldensock@lemm.ee 34 points 10 months ago

The more serious argument comes from their insistence that cross-political marriages will help save the nation from "the Trump-era divisions" and social ills stemming from men's misogyny.

Obviously. This is the same as when the Republicans blamed Democrats for not stopping them from voting out their own majority leader.

Democrats are tired of being the Republicans’ parents. They’re tired of bailing out the red states with their taxes, only to have those same state leaders whine that Democrats are bullying them with having to pay taxes. They’re tired of having to get the economy back on track every time the Republicans fuck it up. They’re tired of having to do all the work to fix the environment while the Republicans insist everything is fine. They’re tired of having to stand up for human rights over and over again while the Republicans quote their story books at them.

If you were the farmer in this video, how many times would you save that stupid sheep before just walking away and leaving it in the ditch?

Democrats have no obligation to save the Republicans from themselves.

[-] limelight79@lemm.ee 25 points 10 months ago

Personally I'm tired of having to bite my tongue in the name of peace and harmony while the right wing can say whatever the hell they want.

[-] Pratai@lemmy.ca 34 points 10 months ago

Prediction: in the coming years, the newer generations of KKKonservsrives will become more and more populated with buck-toothed incels.

[-] xc2215x@lemmy.world 31 points 10 months ago

Women feel that Republicans support them having less rights.

load more comments (4 replies)
[-] KnowledgeableNip@leminal.space 31 points 10 months ago

For some, being a straight cis white Christmas male is the only leg up they have ever had on anyone else. They see equality as an attack because inequality is the only way they have status.

Without their bigoted hierarchies, they're left with a life of well-deserved mediocrity.

[-] Burn_The_Right@lemmy.world 27 points 10 months ago

Fucking gross. Who would want to fuck a conservative? Women have seen these sweaty, obese, mouth-breathing, carpet-haired, yellow-toothed, flat-headed dipshits before, right? They are grotesque to look at and even more disgusting to talk with. Ffs.

[-] m4xie@lemmy.blahaj.zone 44 points 10 months ago

It's not the appearance that matters. It's that those men treat us like crap and are dangerous to us.

[-] legios@aussie.zone 39 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

I've spent a lot of time in the US. I'm 6'5", shaved head, big beard, tattooed.... The number of neo-nazis who thought I was 'one of them' was horrible.

I'm SUPER left (in Australia I'm closest to The Greens). But skin heads thought I was a white supremacist nazi because I looked like them... I had to (politely) tell them to fuck right off.

Edit: One night in a bar in Fargo, ND (of all places) after some skin heads tried to complain to me about 'the black man' and I moved them along, a bunch of black guys came over to me and I won't lie I was worried they thought I was a skin head. The conversation was "You're one big motherfucker. How're you doing?" and realised I was an Aussie and we just got hammered. It was fucking awesome.

[-] bedrooms@kbin.social 26 points 10 months ago

We are a proud, conservative, American, traditional Trump-loving family

/s

[-] Snapz@lemmy.world 22 points 10 months ago

"Why the crap won't anyone kiss my dang nazis?"

-owner of a failing chain of nazi kissing booths

[-] prettybunnys@sh.itjust.works 21 points 10 months ago

Meanwhile I seek these women out, I don’t want to be with someone who would support him OR go along with someone who would.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 30 Nov 2023
681 points (95.1% liked)

politics

18973 readers
3630 users here now

Welcome to the discussion of US Politics!

Rules:

1. Post only links to articles, Title must fairly describe link contents. If your title differs from the site’s, it should only be to add context or be more descriptive. Do not post entire articles in the body or in the comments.
  2. Articles must be relevant to politics. Links must be to quality and original content. Articles should be worth reading. Clickbait, stub articles, and rehosted or stolen content are not allowed. Check your source for Reliability and Bias here.
  3. Be civil, No violations of TOS. It’s OK to say the subject of an article is behaving like a (pejorative, pejorative). It’s NOT OK to say another USER is (pejorative). Strong language is fine, just not directed at other members. Engage in good-faith and with respect! This includes accusing another user of being a bot or paid actor. Trolling is uncivil and is grounds for removal and/or a community ban.
  4. No memes, trolling, or low-effort comments. Reposts, misinformation, off-topic, trolling, or offensive.
  5. Vote based on comment quality, not agreement. This community aims to foster discussion; please reward people for putting effort into articulating their viewpoint, even if you disagree with it.
  6. No hate speech, slurs, celebrating death, advocating violence, or abusive language. This will result in a ban. Usernames containing racist, or inappropriate slurs will be banned without warning

We ask that the users report any comment or post that violate the rules, to use critical thinking when reading, posting or commenting. Users that post off-topic spam, advocate violence, have multiple comments or posts removed, weaponize reports or violate the code of conduct will be banned.

All posts and comments will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. This means that some content that violates the rules may be allowed, while other content that does not violate the rules may be removed. The moderators retain the right to remove any content and ban users.

That's all the rules!

Civic Links

Register To Vote

Citizenship Resource Center

Congressional Awards Program

Federal Government Agencies

Library of Congress Legislative Resources

The White House

U.S. House of Representatives

U.S. Senate

Partnered Communities:

News