Like a scale from 0 to 100 with 0 being boring af and 100 being "Omg this is the best book ever!"

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] LanternEverywhere@kbin.social 8 points 1 year ago

Are we talking about good interesting, or train wreck interesting?

[-] JuicyGyri@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

Oh yeah, if we're going with the former I'm like, 15/100 at best, the latter were looking at a nice 65/100 I'd say!

[-] TisI@reddthat.com 2 points 1 year ago

Train wreck is definitely more interesting than good interesting!

[-] nyonax@lemmy.zip 8 points 1 year ago

I'll say 0, or maybe 1. I am a dreadfully boring person.

[-] intensely_human@lemm.ee 7 points 1 year ago

Fucking fascinating. But I’d have to publish it as fiction because nobody would believe it.

[-] Buelldozer@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Fucking fascinating. But I’d have to publish it as fiction because nobody would believe it.

Same, particularly before my mid 30s.

[-] AgentGrimstone@lemmy.world 7 points 1 year ago

Maybe a 5. Up to my early 20s would probably be interesting enough because it's relatable but after that it's a huge snoozefest.

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] LinkOpensChest_wav@lemmy.one 6 points 1 year ago

People would think it's fabricated due to all the colossally bad choices it would describe

Like the time I let my neighbor who huffed glade crash at my house for a couple weeks and got robbed

[-] TheDoctorDonna@lemmy.world 4 points 1 year ago

I let the guy who sold me pot stay with me- I didn't get completely robbed, but he took everything he could sneak out with.

[-] slazer2au@lemmy.world 6 points 1 year ago

A 14 at best. Most will read the years when I was a cheerleader and skip the rest.

[-] MONDY@kbin.social 6 points 1 year ago

2/100, perhaps. Although, if novel masturbation methods are of interest for the reader, you can add a couple of points.

[-] JuicyGyri@lemmy.world 6 points 1 year ago

Idk, my education, research and work is in neuroscience and psychology but I've spent more time in hospital and on psychiatric wards as a patient myself than most of my patients do. So I have some fun viewpoints from both sides of the couch (or locked ward as it were). Would people want to read that for the juicy voyerism? Maybe?

[-] malloc@lemmy.world 5 points 1 year ago

Not really interesting tbh. Although the “day in life of X” videos appear to get a shit ton of views so there’s probably at least a handful of people that would find it interesting.

12/100, maybe lol

[-] Nemo@midwest.social 5 points 1 year ago

Probably an 80, but only if it's written as comedy.

[-] iHUNTcriminals@lemm.ee 5 points 1 year ago

Interesting but fucked up.

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] BudgetBandit@sh.itjust.works 5 points 1 year ago

I get to the age of 13 and then solo pørn, panic attacks and a cook book. If you’re into this 69/100, otherwise 9.6/100

[-] Extrasvhx9he@lemmy.today 4 points 1 year ago

Im pretty boring so probably at 10 or less

[-] Morkitymork@kbin.social 3 points 1 year ago

Same except that one time I almost had my head crushed, but it's downhill after that

[-] Kongar@lemmy.dbzer0.com 4 points 1 year ago

Mine would be pretty interesting in the hands of a capable writer - maybe a 75. This of course has nothing to do with me, I was but an observer of some pretty crazy family antics. It’d be like duck dynasty but with more crazy people. ;)

[-] Harvey656@lemmy.world 4 points 1 year ago

"I sat, I shat my pants" 100/100

[-] paddirn@lemmy.world 4 points 1 year ago

As a sort of horrifying, though mostly boring, cautionary tale.

[-] subspaceinterferents@lemdro.id 3 points 1 year ago

"Man, that poor guy can't get laid no matter what he does!" — Some book reviewer, probably.

[-] theywilleatthestars@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago
[-] Polydextrous@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

If I got to control how the story was told and had better writing/storytelling skills? Or if you had a really skilled writer with access to my brain and memories? I could probably get a 75-85 out of it. I’ve definitely had some interesting things happen in my life. The lack of thematic journey would be where I struggle though. The best stories have payoff and a struggle to overcome. Which, of course I have. But none so large that I could base my entire life story on it. Maybe someone embellishing a little bit could scrounge one up, but tell me any biopic that doesn’t do that.

load more comments (2 replies)
[-] BeanCounter@sh.itjust.works 3 points 1 year ago

It will be as interesting as a wet toilet paper

[-] pavnilschanda@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

Thinking about making an autobiographical comic but I'm not particularly in the safest position to do so right now

[-] girlfreddy@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

A psychologist told me I should write an autobiography so ... 😏🤣

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] Lazylazycat@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

It sounds interesting on paper but in reality mostly involves me sighing and saying "what's the point?".

[-] wintermute_oregon@lemm.ee 3 points 1 year ago

I’ve done some interesting things and I have an interesting mix of education but honestly my story would be boring as hell. Maybe a 2.

[-] shinigamiookamiryuu@lemm.ee 3 points 1 year ago

A lot of people are very skeptical of certain parts of it, so I'd say maybe a 90 if disbelief is a measure of interest.

[-] nicktron@kbin.social 3 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

There would be a few fun chapters but for the most part I’ll admit it would be quite boring for most people. 50/100

[-] HexesofVexes@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

0-16 - 5/100 (generic childhood) 17-29 - 100/100 (adventures with crazy people) 30+ - ??? (depends how much you love mathematics and teaching stories)

[-] maniacal_gaff@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

I'm intrigued.

[-] Badass_panda@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

My teens and 20s would be pretty interesting, if you're into drama, crime and lots of psychedelic sub plots.

My 30s would be... pretty boring, things are a lot stabler.

[-] Resol@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

20/100, because my life was really great right up until 2013, after that point it turned to nothing but misery.

[-] Pandoras_Can_Opener@mander.xyz 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I'm autistic, non binary, have ex family members that kind of home cooked their own cult, I'm an atheist now. there's plenty of emotional abuse in the ex family. Went to a Christian private school (different denomination than the cult), I'm intellectually gifted and chronically ill. There's some ADHD ex family members thrown in, I've spent some time I an African country and my current bestie is my cat. Currently using all my skills from studying a life science to improve my chronic illness situation.

I think there's some demographics that might be interested. Still not sure whether to actually write it.

[-] WtfEvenIsExistence@lemmy.ca 3 points 1 year ago

I think there’s some demographics that might be interested. Still not sure whether to actually write it.

Write it. Doesn't matter if most people aren't interested. If there is even 1 person that wants to hear your story, do it. The world is so big, I'm sure there will be people who want to read it.

[-] Pandoras_Can_Opener@mander.xyz 3 points 1 year ago

That's a nice thought. Thank you!

[-] VicksVaporBBQrub@sh.itjust.works 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Let's see...
1990 - Teen crush invites me over, plays strip poker.
1998 - Lycos chatted with Grandpa Munster (Al Lewis).
2001 - Help build a school.
2006 - Created a webcomic.
2007 - Gammar was embarrassing, proceeded to write a unpublished 13 episode screenplay as pure spelling and grammar practice.
2023 - typed this comment.

Hmmm, 9/100 🙂

[-] Pandoras_Can_Opener@mander.xyz 1 points 1 year ago

A review: some major gaps, wish they had explored the bit with the school and webcomic more, interesting effort overall. 3 out of 5 stars

[-] drewisawesome14@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

“drewisawesome14 sat on the toilet and took his fourth diarrheal defecation this evening…”

[-] Galds@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Very boring aside from my non standard interactions with my friends. 40/100 , maybe 50/100

[-] legios@aussie.zone 1 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Mine would be kinda interesting. I think it'd be more fun to write because I still have NFI how it worked out the way it did (answer is mostly right place/right time).

A few psych hospitalisations and suicide attempts, dropped out of high school at 15, no degree, but ended up a technical director at a company, burnt out and took a much less stressy software dev manager gig, married, divorced (in a very WTF?! kinda way of us splitting up), lots of interesting psych issues, broken upbringing, definitely some substance abuse thrown in there... Most of that isn't in chronological order.

But it looks like it might be OK. Everything's settled down a lot, dating someone, looking to my future and it doesn't seem as dim as it used to be.

this post was submitted on 05 Sep 2023
41 points (93.6% liked)

Ask Lemmy

26350 readers
2185 users here now

A Fediverse community for open-ended, thought provoking questions

Rules: (interactive)

1) Be nice and; have funDoxxing, trolling, sealioning, racism, and toxicity are not welcomed in AskLemmy. Remember what your mother said: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. In addition, the site-wide Lemmy.world terms of service also apply here. Please familiarize yourself with them

2) All posts must end with a '?'This is sort of like Jeopardy. Please phrase all post titles in the form of a proper question ending with ?

3) No spamPlease do not flood the community with nonsense. Actual suspected spammers will be banned on site. No astroturfing.

4) NSFW is okay, within reasonJust remember to tag posts with either a content warning or a [NSFW] tag. Overtly sexual posts are not allowed, please direct them to either !asklemmyafterdark@lemmy.world or !asklemmynsfw@lemmynsfw.com. NSFW comments should be restricted to posts tagged [NSFW].

5) This is not a support community.
It is not a place for 'how do I?', type questions. If you have any questions regarding the site itself or would like to report a community, please direct them to Lemmy.world Support or email info@lemmy.world. For other questions check our partnered communities list, or use the search function.

Reminder: The terms of service apply here too.

Partnered Communities:

Tech Support

No Stupid Questions

You Should Know

Reddit

Jokes

Ask Ouija

Logo design credit goes to: tubbadu

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS