submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by iie@hexbear.net to c/chapotraphouse@hexbear.net

At least quarantine that shit to the dunk tank.

I'm not on hexbear to spend all my time thinking about libs lol, I'm on hexbear because I like hexbear. I like the riffs, and the topics, and the cool knowledgeable users who post stuff I would never see otherwise. I've learned a ton here over the years, and it really feels like a wholly unique space on the internet.

top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] blobjim@hexbear.net 56 points 1 year ago

yes please! I wanna talk about the news, not meaningless anonymous usernames and text boxes on internet forums.

[-] MaoTheLawn@hexbear.net 41 points 1 year ago

I agree. It's too easy. Some of them are funny but for the most part I wish my front page would return to interesting news and left wing hot takes.

[-] WittyProfileName2@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I could try to kickstart the machines in the hot take factory again.

One sec:

Heartbeat is low-key fascistic with its emphasis on a prelapsarian view of "the good old days", likewise for Happy Days and any other TV show set in or around the 60's.

Was that hot enough? If not I could pick another British drama/sitcom that no one cares about to call fascist.

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] 2Password2Remember@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago

wish I could upbear this 1000 times. the whole point of this website is to not have to be bombarded with dumbass libs, and yet we have plenty of people who are content to bombard us all with dumbass libs. keep it to the dunk tank

Death to America

[-] Zoift@hexbear.net 32 points 1 year ago

Yeah, if you wanna dog on someone, use the modlog. They've already cast the first stone so you can really go in swinging.

[-] EmotionalSupportLancet@hexbear.net 25 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Using the mod log as a target list has extremely powerful poster energy.

[-] HornyOnMain@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

Ngl why don't we just find someone in the modlog rn and @ them into here to start dunking on them?

[-] HornyOnMain@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I found one who's not banned yet dean-malice

CW for queerphobia

Two upbears and I @ them

load more comments (8 replies)
[-] Kuori@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

gotta kick 'em while they're down or they might get back up think-about-it

[-] Egon@hexbear.net 29 points 1 year ago

People post that outside of the dunk tank? Wack

[-] mechwarrior2@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago

Content has nosedived stonks-down

[-] Abraxiel@hexbear.net 24 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Also not really a fan of when someone says some dumb shit and a score of hexbears descend like vultures to all get their super cool dunk in. Most of these replies contribute fuck all, often enough it's just bears replying to each other long after anyone else, and it bloats threads, making them less readable and keeping them hanging in the sort.

Act like you've been there before. It's like in a twitch chat when there's something obvious to say and a hundred people fall over themselves to be the special little poster whose comment gets attention.

Once a couple people have replied to an offending comment, just move on. Really think about whether whatever you want to say hasn't been communicated already.

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] thisismyrealname@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

i use the site less because of this, the posts have gotten a lot less enjoyable now that everyone's whining about libs all the time

[-] Zodiark@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago

That's also a big component I disliked about federation, the zoo showcasing of bad opinion havers turned into overdrive, when there are more insidious propagandists to look at and be amused or annoyed by.

[-] Vampire@hexbear.net 17 points 1 year ago

I wish there were fewer screenshots of people saying really reallly really dumb things.

The world is a big place, of course some very stupid things will be said every day. We should focus our attention away from that.

[-] DayOfDoom@hexbear.net 16 points 1 year ago

That's it. I'm defederating the site. With or without the mods' will.

[-] AOCapitulator@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago

More and more people are saying this

[-] Kuori@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago

i genuinely cannot agree enough

[-] robinn2@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

I don’t have that much of a problem with it, but yeah it should stay in the dunk tank.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 31 Aug 2023
204 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13469 readers
928 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank