Dots connected (lemmy.world)

cross-posted from: https://lemmy.world/post/15544674

Dots connected

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 2 points 4 months ago

They think they can win against a police force that's been getting all the equipment the U.S. military doesn't want anymore for decades.

It's not going to happen. I'm sorry, it's just not.

[-] PugJesus@lemmy.world 2 points 4 months ago

I think they absolutely can win - just not the way the think they can, by busting out their glorious .22 (but in scawwy black so you know it's MILITARY) and going head to head with THE OPPRESSOR

Like, the examples of guerrilla warfare and government overthrows through the past two centuries are countless, and privately owned firearms have rarely played a major role, much less a pivotal one. Yet time and time again, these people buy into the same cheap propaganda that GOP fascists do.

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 2 points 4 months ago

You're right. I wasn't thinking about guerilla tactics, I was thinking about their fantasy of a direct shooting war with the cops like some sort of modern gunfight at the O.K. Corrall. The cops won in that situation too, incidentally.

They also really don't like it when you ask them when they're going to stop talking about it on Lemmy and start the glorious revolution.

this post was submitted on 19 May 2024
435 points (96.2% liked)

Political Memes

5276 readers
3162 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS