submitted 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago) by beef_curds@hexbear.net to c/news@hexbear.net
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] D61@hexbear.net 71 points 5 months ago

Was listening to some YT clips from The Majority Report talking about how shitty these are.

I was completely unaware that washing the vehicle with water could 1) void the warranty and 2) brick the vehicle.

I was completely unaware and in awe of the silliness of also learning that tinting the glass can also void warranties for certain parts of the cybertruck.

[-] Xx_Aru_xX@hexbear.net 44 points 5 months ago

I was completely unaware that washing the vehicle with water could 1) void the warranty and 2) brick the vehicle.

problem is that this was a known issue with the dolorean, how do they make this mistake again?

[-] Dessa@hexbear.net 24 points 5 months ago

At least the Delorean was cool. Might be worth pulling that out once or twice a year if you're a car person.

[-] 7bicycles@hexbear.net 25 points 5 months ago

The DeLorean was a total failure that nobody wanted with panel gaps out the ass and quality assurance issues, until the CEO got arrested. So...you know, here's hoping the cybertruck becomes cool.

[-] Dessa@hexbear.net 11 points 5 months ago

The Cybertruck is ugly though. Im nit saying the Delorean is a good car made by good people. Just that it looks neat. If you're the type of person to keep an extra car just for show and baby it, there's a point to the Delorean. The Tesla truck is only good as a museum of curiosity discussion piece that will be k iwn only for how rare it is to find a well kept one

[-] the_post_of_tom_joad@hexbear.net 18 points 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago)

Im betting the only thing musk knows about the delorean is what he learned watching Back to the Future

Edit: i got interested in the delorean after commenting and saw it was also stainless steel, and also had a recall involving sticking accelerators. Heh.

[-] crazyminner@lemmy.ml 16 points 5 months ago

Why would cold water brick the truck?

[-] Xx_Aru_xX@hexbear.net 38 points 5 months ago

You notice how the truck is silver? that's because it's made of stainless steel and it doesn't have a protective coat or paint on it, something that is expected to be on a car

[-] SSJ2Marx@hexbear.net 6 points 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago)

soviet-hmm Perhaps we could paint the car with silver metallic paint, and make the body from standard automotive materials?

agony-yehaw No way, it's gotta be stainless steel for reasons. Now pass me my ketamine, it's therapeutic I swear!

[-] Philosoraptor@hexbear.net 28 points 5 months ago

Not cold water specifically--just water. The waterproofing on the electronics is uneven (especially on earlier models). It has a "car wash mode" (lol) that is supposed to lock all that down, but some Teslas have been bricked by just driving in the rain. Also, the water seems to rust the stainless steel body. As I've said before, it seems like it was engineered for California weather and they never considered that people might drive it in other climates.

[-] SSJ2Marx@hexbear.net 6 points 5 months ago

especially on earlier models

They've only shipped 3800! They're all "earlier models"!

[-] Philosoraptor@hexbear.net 3 points 5 months ago

Fantastic point.

[-] fox@hexbear.net 25 points 5 months ago

It's not water proof, so rain has a chance of frying some of the electronics.

[-] joaomarrom@hexbear.net 23 points 5 months ago

let's be fair with Tesla, being impossible to drive in the rain has always been a problem for cars in general, as we all know

[-] Dessa@hexbear.net 15 points 5 months ago

Gonna guess Elon lives in LA

this post was submitted on 19 Apr 2024
231 points (100.0% liked)

news

23447 readers
952 users here now

Welcome to c/news! Please read the Hexbear Code of Conduct and remember... we're all comrades here.

Rules:

-- PLEASE KEEP POST TITLES INFORMATIVE --

-- Overly editorialized titles, particularly if they link to opinion pieces, may get your post removed. --

-- All posts must include a link to their source. Screenshots are fine IF you include the link in the post body. --

-- If you are citing a twitter post as news please include not just the twitter.com in your links but also nitter.net (or another Nitter instance). There is also a Firefox extension that can redirect Twitter links to a Nitter instance: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/libredirect/ or archive them as you would any other reactionary source using e.g. https://archive.today . Twitter screenshots still need to be sourced or they will be removed --

-- Mass tagging comm moderators across multiple posts like a broken markov chain bot will result in a comm ban--

-- Repeated consecutive posting of reactionary sources, fake news, misleading / outdated news, false alarms over ghoul deaths, and/or shitposts will result in a comm ban.--

-- Neglecting to use content warnings or NSFW when dealing with disturbing content will be removed until in compliance. Users who are consecutively reported due to failing to use content warnings or NSFW tags when commenting on or posting disturbing content will result in the user being banned. --

-- Using April 1st as an excuse to post fake headlines, like the resurrection of Kissinger while he is still fortunately dead, will result in the poster being thrown in the gamer gulag and be sentenced to play and beat trashy mobile games like 'Raid: Shadow Legends' in order to be rehabilitated back into general society. --

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS