submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by BettyWhiteInHD@lemmy.world to c/unpopularopinion@lemmy.world

We've known for years that the owner is a lying, creepy, out of touch dipshit and that it's a very flawed car and the company will cut costs to save money on safety items, every time.

Electric vehicles with drive assist are awesome and are the future, but there are alternatives, especially if you have money, which a lot of Tesla customers do. And they're not particularly well built; how many of these do you think will be on the road 20 years from now? And now we've seen how Elaine runs their companies, why the hell would anybody put their trust in their products?

If you've bought a Tesla in the last five or so years, you're a damn goober in my eyes. That's my hot take, prepared for being called poor and other sodium, tear filled comments from fools whose opinions don't matter. You are the hardcore, foaming at the mouth Segway fan from the 2000s, have at me lol.

Update: The teary eyed, sweaty fingered responses to this are predictably hilarious. I've been called a guy that eats 4 pizzas a week in another old thread because of this, a cunt, a tool, a douche, a couple people spent their energy to tell me they don't understand me spending my energy posting this, some people are telling me something about Tesla or Elaine living in my head rent free. All genuinely pathetic responses, so GG lol. Cheers.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments

Sooo...100% of future transportation should be done by train or bus? Gonna build an express line out to grannie's house in the woods of rural upstate LargePlace? Maybe with a few local stops at some hiking trailheads? Can't forget to add a direct line from there to the closest grocery store two towns away, or maybe granny can just hop on the train to CenterTown and take the connecting bus over to Nowhere'sVille, and grab another train from there. God forbid she wants to visit Aunt Sue in Isolated Harbour. Or maybe we should just seize both their properties and relocate them to Dense Village, which was specifically designed to be public-transit friendly.

Yeah trains are awesome, and we should utilize them more (especially in the US). But public transit is not the solution to all long-distance travel. So why flat-out reject a theoretical improvement, on the basis that it's not a literally perfect solution?

[-] liontigerwings@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Basically these people's opinions are that suburban and rural areas shouldn't exist. The boom of suburbia over the last 50 years is because of cars and they are reliant and built around the existence of cars.

[-] BaumGeist@lemmy.ml 0 points 1 year ago

Or maybe we should just seize both their properties and relocate them to Dense Village, which was specifically designed to be public-transit friendly

unironically this. Humans are a blight upon the natural world they inhabit but refuse to cooperate with, and the people doing their best to avoid living nearby other humans are a major cause of that. Everyone wants a piece of that pie, and the cost is to keep deforestation and making the land unlivable so that we can have our cars and charging stations and powerplants to supply the charging stations and grocery stores and water treatment and...

If you want to do whatever you want to do regardless of consequences, stop getting mad at the people saying "maybe we shouldn't cover every square inch of land with asphalt and concrete" and start asking yourself why you're so addicted to cars you take offense at the mere idea of asking granny to live somewhere within reach of a carless society

Humans are a blight upon the natural world they inhabit

If you're so insistent on humans living in an environment counter to their own evolutionary instincts in favor of squeezing every drop of sustainability possible out of the maximum number of human lives (literally forcing humans to live in artificially dense population centers), why are you on the internet? You're wasting electricity that was either derived from fossil fuels or generated using renewable technologies reliant on rare minerals obtained through strip mining. Not to mention the plastics and metals that went into making the computer/phone you're using.

Still wearing clothes? Think of the water being wasted on manufacturing that! What about the resources devoted to growing the plant fibers, raising the livestock, or weaving the plastic fibers? The land that was destroyed and all the native life that was culled to create the farmlands? We should all be forcibly relocated to temperate regions and forced to live in dense nudist colonies.

Do you exercise? You know how many calories and how much oxygen you waste by doing that? Human physical exertion should be limited to only the bare minimum required to sustain the minimally healthy body weight. You know how much food we'd save if we banned all sports?

Don't get me started on the arts. Brain power costs calories too! What a waste. All human creative resources should be pooled together to create the most efficient base of entertainment media possible that enables a livable experience. No more unique languages, everyone will be forced to learn Chinese Mandarin or Spanish, so we can eliminate waste on similar media across languages.

Obviously MASSIVE /S

Now I don't want you to misunderstand, I'm very pro-renewables, rather pro-regulation, and even a bit pro-social-engineering. But literally seizing property and assigning concentrated living quarters to people who've owned their homes for generations is some seriously dystopian shit.

this post was submitted on 10 Jul 2023
542 points (73.3% liked)

Unpopular Opinion

6215 readers
43 users here now

Welcome to the Unpopular Opinion community!

How voting works:

Vote the opposite of the norm.

If you agree that the opinion is unpopular give it an arrow up. If it's something that's widely accepted, give it an arrow down.

Guidelines:

Tag your post, if possible (not required)

• If your post is a "General" unpopular opinion, start the subject with [GENERAL].
  • If it is a Lemmy-specific unpopular opinion, start it with [LEMMY].

Rules:

1. NO POLITICS

Politics is everywhere. Let's make this about [general] and [lemmy] - specific topics, and keep politics out of it.

2. Be civil.

Disagreements happen, but that doesn’t provide the right to personally attack others. No racism/sexism/bigotry. Please also refrain from gatekeeping others' opinions.

3. No bots, spam or self-promotion.

Only approved bots, which follow the guidelines for bots set by the instance, are allowed.

4. Shitposts and memes are allowed but...

Only until they prove to be a problem. They can and will be removed at moderator discretion.

5. No trolling.

This shouldn't need an explanation. If your post or comment is made just to get a rise with no real value, it will be removed. You do this too often, you will get a vacation to touch grass, away from this community for 1 or more days. Repeat offenses will result in a perma-ban.

Instance-wide rules always apply. https://legal.lemmy.world/tos/

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS