I have some idea on whose torrents to avoid but still if you have a good list please share.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] eagleeyedtiger@lemmy.nz 5 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Many of the top private trackers rely on reputation. Which is why some of them are notoriously hard to get into. They usually also have active mods, admins and forums. They also generally have posting rules for torrents. Anyone wanting to spread malicious torrents would likely get their account banned in short order once it gets reported. not to mention quite a number of them have their own internal release groups that can be trusted.

While it's not impossible, it's far less likely to be an issue on any well run private tracker.

[-] stevedidWHAT@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

Excellent point, any tips or recommendations for finding some?

[-] eagleeyedtiger@lemmy.nz 2 points 1 year ago

I'm still new to Lemmy so I'm not sure if there are any communities here for it. On Reddit there is r/trackers which has good info on which private trackers are worth trying to get into. There was also r/OpenSignups which posted which trackers had open signups, but it seems like they've shut it down since the protests.

this post was submitted on 07 Jul 2023
90 points (96.9% liked)

Piracy: ꜱᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜ ꜱᴇᴀꜱ

54029 readers
444 users here now

⚓ Dedicated to the discussion of digital piracy, including ethical problems and legal advancements.

Rules • Full Version

1. Posts must be related to the discussion of digital piracy

2. Don't request invites, trade, sell, or self-promote

3. Don't request or link to specific pirated titles, including DMs

4. Don't submit low-quality posts, be entitled, or harass others

Loot, Pillage, & Plunder

💰 Please help cover server costs.

Ko-FiLiberapay

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS