Protestation (discuss.tchncs.de)
[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 63 points 1 month ago

Yeah, I have a terminally racist relative and was trying to explain to her why we should look after refugees. I asked her if her neighbor's house burnt down whether she would invite them inside and offer them some shelter and comfort, and she agreed that "of course" she would. Then I asked about if it was someone from the next street over, and she immediately became hesitant about it. Sometimes I think as a species we just never psychologically evolved beyond living in a tiny village and fearing anyone we don't know personally.

[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 70 points 1 month ago

That's true - Raymond Hill, the uBO developer, doesn't accept donations or payment for his software. Truly a legend. I'd 100% donate to them if they accepted donations.

The meme is about Adblock Plus though which does have a paid tier. I prefer uBO myself, but if you are stuck with Safari then it's a legit option.

[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 68 points 1 month ago

@sunbrothersco@lemmy.dbzer0.com maintains the Megathread and it is the same one linked in the sidebar for both Reddit and here. You can contact them for edits.

I did make a django wiki clone of the Megathread (community edition) a while back that members of this instance can make edits on. It can be found here: https://wiki.dbzer0.com/piracy/

[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 62 points 1 month ago

You mustn't have read the article. There is zero proof of that, just a half-baked claim with no proof to back it up, from the corrupt and sanctioned International Boxing Association (IBA). Women really shouldn't have to their genitals or chromosomes inspected just to prove they are a 'real' woman, just because some arsehole thinks they don't look feminine enough.

[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 72 points 3 months ago

Omg poor publishers not able to make a 2000% markup on their textbooks as per usual - think about the CEOs' bonuses guys!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡶⠛⠛⢦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠈⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⠞⠛⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠛⠒⠾⢤⣀⠀⣀⣠⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣠⡶⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⢭⡀⠀⠈⣷⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢦⢀⡟⠀⠀⠀
⠀⣾⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⡅⠀⠀⠀
⢸⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣄⣀⠀
⣾⠀⠀⣠⣤⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣤⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⠉⣷
⣿⠀⠰⣿⣿⣿⡗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣧⡴⠋
⣿⠀⠀⢸⠛⢫⠀⠀⢠⠴⠒⠲⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⡝⠛⢡⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⡏⠀⠀
⢸⡄⠀⢸⡀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⣄⠀⠀
⠀⢳⡄⠀⡇⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡼⠁⢸⡇⠀
⠀⠀⠙⢦⣷⡈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠈⡇⠀⣀⡴⠟⠒⠚⠋⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠾⢤⣤⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣈⣇⡤⣷⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠇⠀⠩⣉⠉⠉⠉⣩⠍⠁⠀⢷⣟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡟⠐⠦⠤⠼⠂⠀⠸⠥⠤⠔⠂⠘⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣧⡟⠳⠒⡄⠀⠀⠀⡔⠲⠚⣧⣀⣿⠿⠷⣶⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣄⢀⠀⠀⡗⠀⠀⠀⡇⠄⢠⠀⣼⠟⠀⢀⣨⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢶⠬⠴⢧⣤⣤⣤⣽⣬⡥⠞⠛⠛⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 174 points 6 months ago* (last edited 6 months ago)

Just a quick update, lemmy.world has posted an update that explains their decision here: https://lemmy.dbzer0.com/post/16795373

TLDR is that the person who removed the community is fairly new to the mod team and didn't realize there was a bit of a history to this situation. Also, looks like they are sticking with the decision this time around though.

Please don't harass the lemmy.world admins/mods though - if you don't like the situation you are free to register here or on another instance. And if you aren't a lemmy.world user, then this doesn't affect you at all.

I'm proud of our community here, and it's their loss, not ours! pirate captain giving the thumbs up

• updated the link
[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 147 points 1 year ago

Yeah, it was a nice surprise for sure. I'm glad to have the lemmy.world crowd back, plenty of booty for all.

![a pirate chest full of doubloons](https://lemmy.dbzer0.com/pictrs/image/af140ff3-a09d-4b9c-8907-15d34d674c0e.png "booty")

[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 89 points 1 year ago

Because "you don't get rich by paying your bills" according to them.

[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 81 points 1 year ago

Bryan Lunduke is just another right winger who's butthurt that Mozilla spends any of their money advocating for liberal values. Meanwhile the massive amounts of corporate cash that get funneled into conservative 'think' tanks (oxymoron much?) and superpacs apparently isn't a problem for him. While I acknowledge he does raise some valid points about Mozilla's over dependence on Google revenue, nearly all large corporations try to peddle influence with political parties and donate to social/charitable causes, so there's nothing unusual about that at all. If they were a more right wing organization, this article would never have been written by him, that's obvious takeaway here - it's just a stock standard conservative hit job.

[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 104 points 1 year ago

If you say enough batshit crazy stuff then sooner or later you're going to get something right by accident.

[-] Flatworm7591@lemmy.dbzer0.com 155 points 1 year ago

A repack is usually a cracked release from another source that has been heavily compressed to reduce file size. They often come with a custom installer that manages the decompression process and streamlines the installation process, so you don't have to manually install patches/cracks after installation, and can skip optional content. Trusted repackers like FitGirl will also check for malware/viruses in the original crack, so you can be reasonably confident the repack is safe to install. Having said that, always take your own precautions when installing anything from the internet, i.e. virus scan and only use trusted sources.

view more: next ›

Flatworm7591

joined 1 year ago
MODERATOR OF