Lapiro (hexbear.net)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] BelieveRevolt@hexbear.net 43 points 10 months ago

The interview with Andrew Neil is pretty funny, you should at least watch the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VixqvOcK8E

[-] Einstein@hexbear.net 39 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

I have been familiar with Neil's work since the 1990s. Shapiro ignorantly tried to bluff his way through this, and imo, damaged his career/audience f or the next couple of years here in the UK. He was and is a laughing stock - even among the rightwing here

[-] BelieveRevolt@hexbear.net 44 points 10 months ago

I had no idea who Andrew Neil was the first time I saw this interview. After quickly finding out he was a right-wing crank (and a monstrous piece of shit for his spreading of HIV denial among other things), Shapino being a pissbaby and accusing him of ”being on the left” became about 20 times funnier, lmao.

[-] Einstein@hexbear.net 33 points 10 months ago

Oh Neil was worse than that. There are sweaty photos of him with women at Epstein events.

[-] da_gay_pussy_eatah@hexbear.net 22 points 10 months ago
[-] Einstein@hexbear.net 7 points 10 months ago

I didnt want to trigger some algorithm tbh.

[-] niph@hexbear.net 10 points 10 months ago

He’s a Viktor Orban fanboy lmao

[-] CthulhusIntern@hexbear.net 24 points 10 months ago

He lost an interview. That's not supposed to even be possible.

[-] ikiru@lemmy.ml 22 points 10 months ago

Lord knows I have thankfully not watched many Ben Shapiro videos, but this one is by far my favorite.

He makes himself look like such an uninformed child not knowing who he is even speaking with and how he tries to look tough by glaring at Neil from under the shadow of his brow while he tries to flex his Logic is such cringy teen shit. I wonder if Ben remembers this from time to time and gets embarrassed.

[-] axont@hexbear.net 10 points 10 months ago

I don't think Shapiro has any remorse at all. His hog followers live in a different reality and saw that interview as a success. They see it as Shapiro bravely defending western society against some biased British leftist.

[-] What_Religion_R_They@hexbear.net 2 points 10 months ago

Lord knows I have thankfully not watched many Ben Shapiro videos, but this one is by far my favorite.

Not this?

[-] HexReplyBot@hexbear.net 1 points 10 months ago

I found a YouTube link in your comment. Here are links to the same video on alternative frontends that protect your privacy:

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 6 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

Huh Shapiro calls himself an Orthodox Jew at 11:35 in this interview but I was under the impression they were anti-zionism whereas I get the impression he's not that. Are there two different groups claiming Orthodox?

Also I have to say Andrew Neil is a big fucking shitbag but he's a bloody fucking good interviewer when he put on appearances of being less biased at the BBC. He's shit now that he's not there.

[-] the_kid@hexbear.net 10 points 10 months ago

Orthodox isn't just one thing, there are a lot of different sects. one sect are the guys who hate Israel because they don't believe Israel can exist until the Messiah comes or whatever. another sect are the terrorist settlers.

[-] RyanGosling@hexbear.net 3 points 10 months ago

It’s possible he means orthodox as a fancy term for conservative

[-] Sephitard9001@hexbear.net 3 points 10 months ago

I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about judaism but he's also very very loud about abortion even though I was under the impression judaism does not forbid it? He talks about "judeo-christian" values an awful lot because he knows his target audience.

this post was submitted on 09 Nov 2023
122 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13461 readers
1009 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS