you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] PointAndClique@hexbear.net 42 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

I no longer cross at zebra crossings if a car is coming even if I have 'right of way', given how frequently drivers just blitz through. The other day I spoke to a lady in her 70s who was taking PT to the local shopping centre to do her exercise there, rather than walk around the neighbourhood, because a car clipped her walking frame when she was crossing with the lights and she cracked her skull.

Shit's fucked. I don't want to become roadkill. Carbrains have won.

[-] gabaghoul@hexbear.net 19 points 11 months ago

There was a 90 year old who was smashed and killed walking down the road in a town nearby yesterday. I don't want to be old just so I can become roadkill.

[-] CarbonScored@hexbear.net 14 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

I've started doing the opposite. Thankfully I'm fairly tall and easily seen, so I frequently am the one to just walk out in front of cars who aren't respecting road safety. Not in the middle of the highway, but if right of way is at all dubious, I've started claiming pedestrian / cyclist always wins. It's a battle I'll become roadkill to fight.

[-] egg1918@hexbear.net 8 points 11 months ago

Hell they'll even swerve around you in the crosswalk rather than stop for 10 seconds.

Comrade bus drivers always stop at the crosswalk for pedestrians though

this post was submitted on 17 Oct 2023
120 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13461 readers
955 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank

founded 3 years ago