Watch this...

Radio Free Asia: "did you know in North Korea they eat babies?"

Me: "I don't believe that."

Radio Free Asia: "WHAT?!?!? How did you do that???"

See. And I'm just a dumbass who does nothing but smoke weed and watch pirated b-horror movies. Whats everyone else's fucking excuse?

People fall for this shit because they want to, not because the state department has magical brainwashing powers. Propaganda doesn't mean people don't have fucking agency.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Maoo@hexbear.net 11 points 11 months ago

I agree that it's pretty easy to learn about but killing off curiosity and any comfort with researching things is also part of the education system and culture.

Can't tell you how hard it is to get supposed leftists to just read some Marx sometimes. I don't think that's very difficult either, it's like a few hours per week for a couple months and you're ready to go without needing someone (usually with a particular partisan bent) to tell you what it means. I then proceed to watch leftists not read Marx at all for 3 years while justifying almost everything they do in his name lol. It takes a program and hassling people and making it an inherent part of a campaign to get people to overcome these barriers. We have the luxury of hindsight and of having adopted better practices. Now we have to help others gain the same consciousness!

this post was submitted on 11 Oct 2023
169 points (100.0% liked)

chapotraphouse

13461 readers
803 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here

Don't post low-hanging fruit here after it gets removed from the_dunk_tank

founded 3 years ago
MODERATORS