What are some cool inventions you lemmings have made in TOTK? Provide pictures if you have them.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Stovetop@lemmy.world 8 points 1 year ago

I made the "orbital laser drone" that I'm sure is nothing new for folks. For those who have not seen it, it works as follows:

Base: 1 Hover Stone with something else on it to add a bit of weight. I just use a second hover stone.

Weapons: 2 Construct Heads attached to the left and right sides of the Hover Stone. To each of these Construct Heads, attach as many Beam Emitters as you can get away with. I put 7 on each side for a total of 14.

Lift: Attach 1 rocket to the rear of the base at a 45° angle, to shoot the satellite up and forwards at whatever it is you want to kill.

It's very effective at killing big enemies like Gleeoks, provided you can evade their attacks for a minute or so. If the drone dies before the enemy does, just time reverse it back in place and let it get back to work.

Problems I have encountered: As enemies like Gleeoks may occasionally take to the air, they can bump the satellite and send it drifting out of range, despawning it. Can be mitigated by attaching a dragon scale, but that adds extra work. The drone is also very expensive to entirely autobuild, using up over 100 Zonaite. I haven't found a more effective means of obtaining large quantities of Zonaite other than by slowly collecting it manually in the depths, so the drone is currently used sparingly.

Other than that, the 9 Zonaite budget hoverbike is my only other saved favorite schematic. It took a bit of tweaking the fan/steering stick placement just so, but I managed to get one that flies perfectly straight and handles really well. I just lament the fact that I fully explored the depths before learning about that invention, which would have made navigation so much easier. But it really sped up a lot of the later overworld/sky island exploration I did, though, and makes delivering objects/crystals/Koroks over long distances a breeze.

[-] slimerancher@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

The Orbital Laser Drone sounds great! I just got my first "Construct Head" yesterday. Had seen them in shrines before, but got them as item for the first time yesterday. Good timing!

this post was submitted on 02 Jul 2023
138 points (97.9% liked)

Nintendo

18320 readers
45 users here now

A community for everything Nintendo. Games, news, discussions, stories etc.

Rules:

1. No NSFW content.
  2. No hate speech or personal attacks.
  3. No ads / spamming / self-promotion / low effort posts / memes etc.
  4. No linking to, or sharing information about, hacks, ROMs or any illegal content. And no piracy talk. (Linking to emulators, or general mention / discussion of emulation topics is fine.)
  5. No console wars or PC elitism.
  6. Be a decent human (or a bot, we don't discriminate against bots... except in Point 7).
  7. All bots must have mod permission prior to implementation and must follow instance-wide rules. For lemmy.world bot rules click here

Upcoming First Party Games (NA):

Game | Date

|

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom | Sep 26 Super Mario Party Jamboree | Oct 17 Mario & Luigi: Brothership | Nov 7 Donkey Kong Country Returns HD | Jan 16, 2025 Metroid Prime 4 | 2025

Other Gaming Communities

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS