submitted 1 year ago by Tw4tty@hexbear.net to c/urbanism@hexbear.net

Dont know if this is a good fit, but here goes.

So our Council spent several £million on a flash new cycle lane in a part of my city where there had been several "accidents"... I hate the word "accident" as from my experience they're usually avoidable, its neglect/negligence not accidental... GREAT! Even better last year they put a 4 foot wall down it to stop drivers parking on it. Or at least they thought it would work.

They didnt count on drivers like tonight's Amazon delivery driver who at the junction mounted the pavement and dropped half his van down at a 45 degree angle so he could park on it and make deliveries. Cue all the cyclists travelling down there, who now cant use the road as they're hemmed in, asking the guy to be more considerate. What happens next is a barrage of abuse and gas lighting.

"I can park in a disabled bay if I want!" and "Amazon drivers can undertake traffic and cut in front of the queue of traffic that's been waiting!"

I would have reported this to Amazon directly, but tbh I'm sick of drivers doing this, and Amazon dont seem to give a shit.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] MF_COOM@hexbear.net 6 points 1 year ago

Yes this is the other thing correct

this post was submitted on 27 Aug 2023
33 points (100.0% liked)

urbanism

22538 readers
16 users here now

This was supposed to be c/traingang, so post as many train pictures as possible.

All about urbanism and transportation, including freight transportation.

Home of train gang

:arm-L::train-shining::arm-R:

Trainposts highly encouraged

Talk about supply chain issues here!

List of cool books and videos about urbanism, transit, and other cool things

Titles must be informative. Please do not title your post "lmao" or use the tired "_____ challenge" format.

Archive links for reactionary sites, including the BBC.

LANDLORDS COWER IN FEAR OF MAOTRAIN

"that train pic is too powerful lmao" - u/Cadende

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS