submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by WtfEvenIsExistence@lemmy.ca to c/memes@lemmy.ml

Discontinuation Syndrome goes brrrrr... [Error, brain.exe has crashed because antidepressant.dll is not found]

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] SharkEatingBreakfast@sh.itjust.works 37 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

My parents used to be against me taking my meds. Been on them for nearly 9 years now.

I was forced to stop taking them for months due to a shortage last year.

My mother came over one day to find my house absolutely trashed, my mail piled up, my water shut off, I had gained 20 lbs, and all sorts of other "fun" things I was unable to address thanks to my condition.

She no longer encourages me to stop taking my meds.

Meds can be good. They may not be right for everyone, but take them if they help (while working with a qualified medical professional).

[-] Llewellyn@lemm.ee 1 points 1 year ago

Now you have an emergency stash of meds, I hope?

[-] midori@programming.dev 3 points 1 year ago

Certain medications, such as scheduled drugs, can only be prescribed on a month-by-month basis for exactly 30 pills. You have to get a new script every month.

Next, you have to be lucky enough that your pharmacy has your medicine and specific dosage in stock. If not, it can take several days for a new order to arrive, and other times, it might take more than a week. If you're out of medicine, and nothing is available nearby, you're out of luck.

In the exception of either not taking your meds on certain days or intentionally taking less than your prescribed dose--and both of these scenarios can potentially leave you unable to function--there is no other way to create an emergency stash.

[-] PsychedSy@sh.itjust.works 1 points 1 year ago

I'm lucky my pharmacy gets shit by the next day pretty much every time.

[-] Llewellyn@lemm.ee 1 points 1 year ago

That's horrible! What country are you from?

[-] iheartneopets@preserve.games 3 points 1 year ago

Idk if they're in the US, but that's how it is with pretty much all ADHD medicine here. It feels extra malicious because executive disfunction means jumping through all those hoops feels almost impossible.

this post was submitted on 27 Aug 2023
443 points (93.9% liked)

Memes

45284 readers
2439 users here now

Rules:

1. Be civil and nice.
  2. Try not to excessively repost, as a rule of thumb, wait at least 2 months to do it if you have to.

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS