Seriously, they're doing my bits for me!

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] ewichuu@hexbear.net 65 points 1 year ago

Honestly defederation is a really awful part of the fediverse. It would be so much easier to just let people block the instances they want instead of leaving it up to the mods to control what information users get, that's one of the main criticisms of reddit too

I don't want to be spoonfed the same rhetoric by the same people over and over, I like reaching out and actually listening to what people have to say and decide for myself - now to do that I have to make an account here instead of just browsing with my regular instance

[-] PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS@hexbear.net 34 points 1 year ago
[-] Frank@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago

foucault-shining We're a cult we're a cult we're a cult!

Wait I think one of the other instances did accuse of being a cult...

Which isn't entirely wrong.

[-] Alaskaball@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago

Cult of the lamb but it's a bear that's hexagonal

[-] NailBunny@hexbear.net 28 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Watching all the chaos that has ensued from the "brigading" is what pushed me to actually make an account on this instance too. You all seem like a really wonderful group of people beneath the pile of emojis and dunking and I found myself genuinely saddened by the idea of defederation so soon after Hexbear started making the place fun.

[-] ewichuu@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago

Yeah I have to say, I don't think I'm a full blown communist but it was a real breath of fresh air to see people genuinely argue against the mind implanted hegemonic liberal narratives so many just believe intrinsically...

honestly when I joined I was a bit scared but I've been treated far nicely here than any other community I wanted to ask questions to, even generally leftist ones like vegans and such

Fyi a lot of people become full-blown communists by interacting with communists covid-cool

[-] ewichuu@hexbear.net 2 points 1 year ago

eh I'd have to cross a lot of barriers to consider myself that but for now I'll stay

[-] JuneFall@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago
[-] NailBunny@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago

Thank you for the warm welcome! meow-hug

this post was submitted on 13 Aug 2023
108 points (99.1% liked)

chapotraphouse

13461 readers
924 users here now

Banned? DM Wmill to appeal.

No anti-nautilism posts. See: Eco-fascism Primer

Vaush posts go in the_dunk_tank

Dunk posts in general go in the_dunk_tank, not here