you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] P1nkman@lemmy.world 4 points 21 hours ago

I would laugh my ass off if Disney World (or Disney Land or whatever it's called, I'm not American) got destroyed.

[-] UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world 3 points 20 hours ago

If Disney is destroyed, the federal government will earmark a billion dollars to rebuild it.

Tear down this Magic Kingdom and Walt's Ghost (plus an enormous traunch of taxpayer money) will see it rebuilt in three days.

[-] PresidentCamacho@lemm.ee 0 points 20 hours ago* (last edited 2 hours ago)

Disneyland is in California, Disneyworld is in Florida.

Source: I live near Disneyland

Id wager the park would be mostly fine, Its in the center of the ~~panhandle~~ long part that extends off the continent which should be the thing we call the pandhandle so the hurricane has to cover alot of ground to cover before it reaches it in force. Most likely looking at alot of damage to window and facades, with some flooding damage.

Source: I am a stranger on the internet doing guesswork and gutfeels on a natural phenomenon I've never experienced myself.

Edit: God damn... Disneyworld is like dead center in this hurricanes path. They're about to get wrecked.

[-] captain_aggravated@sh.itjust.works 3 points 19 hours ago

Disney World is in the center if the Penninsula, not the panhandle. it's in Orlando not Tallahassee.

[-] PresidentCamacho@lemm.ee 3 points 18 hours ago* (last edited 18 hours ago)

TIL: the panhandle in the term Florida Panhandle refers to the bit in red and not the bit in white. I will take no responsibility for this error and argue that the term is worded horribly. Its clear as day to me that this white bit is the handle of the us, hanging off its end like a dong....

[-] captain_aggravated@sh.itjust.works 2 points 14 hours ago

I don't think "panhandle" has a strict definition but it tends to mean a bit of a state that sticks out into what rightfully should be another state. Oklahoma's panhandle is the most obvious example of one. West Virginia has two. Florida's panhandle is the part that should be Alabama's coastline.

this post was submitted on 08 Oct 2024
836 points (97.6% liked)

Political Memes

5325 readers
3638 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS