you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Wino@lemmy.cafe 51 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Our infrastructure is garbage. Our power was out for 2 days last time and Helene barely grazed us. Like one band hit us a bit. This one is heading straight at us so I expect to lose power for a few days at least. DeSantis is a fucking dumb piece of shit. But hey, he refused to talk to Harris to try to score a few political points and the braindead boomers will be going insane with joy.

A few days? Mate, I hope that's the case, but my experience with direct hits from cat 3+ hurricanes is weeks to months. Only the lucky get it back quickly.

[-] Cethin@lemmy.zip 16 points 1 day ago

Buckle up. From what you've said and my old experience with hurricanes from the past (I live in VA now and we rarely get touched), you're going to be out of power a week at minimum. I'd bet on much more. If you haven't already, get whatever supplies you can. I'm sure they're mostly gone at this point, but if you're in the path and your ground is already saturated, you're going to be hurting. Ideally, get the fuck out, but it's probably too late for that.

this post was submitted on 08 Oct 2024
830 points (97.6% liked)

Political Memes

5325 readers
4113 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS