you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] gallopingsnail@lemmy.sdf.org 8 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Actually, since January 2022, you have the right to request a good faith estimate for services from healthcare providers if you're not billing insurance.

source

[-] sevan@lemmy.ca 2 points 12 hours ago

This is great information, thanks! In several cases it wouldn't have helped us because of the 3 day advance request requirement, but at least its an improvement. Still not as good as what auto mechanics are required to provide, but its a step in the right direction.

[-] Bytemeister@lemmy.world 7 points 21 hours ago

I'd like to see a law that says you get a complete and correct bill in 3 months or less as well. I avoid getting healthcare because even though I have insurance, every single time I've gone, the billing gets fucked up and I don't find out about it until 6 months, or even up to 2 years later, and I'm on the hook for that. It ought to be law, that if your office is so fucked up that you can't produce a correct bill for services in 3 months and deliver it to your customer, then you should have to nullify it.

this post was submitted on 07 Oct 2024
1850 points (99.3% liked)

Microblog Memes

5522 readers
2403 users here now

A place to share screenshots of Microblog posts, whether from Mastodon, tumblr, ~~Twitter~~ X, KBin, Threads or elsewhere.

Created as an evolution of White People Twitter and other tweet-capture subreddits.

Rules:

1. Please put at least one word relevant to the post in the post title.
  2. Be nice.
  3. No advertising, brand promotion or guerilla marketing.
  4. Posters are encouraged to link to the toot or tweet etc in the description of posts.

Related communities:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS