you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] WoahWoah@lemmy.world 29 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

American health insurance in a nutshell: https://youtu.be/llx-SaGq4Fs?si=eDIny0fqcGYFkB2a

And before non-Americans ask, yes, that's actually how it is. The humor in this video isn't from exaggeration, the comedy derives from the unexpectedly clear way the absurdity of the system is explained.

[-] NauticalNoodle@lemmy.ml 4 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

it seriously blows my mind that the overwhelming majority of my fellow americans tolerate this system, that is if they don't downright approve of it. The issues mentioned in that video are not isolated incidents. They are common, everyday, business-as-usual practices that almost all of us deal with.

[-] JargonWagon@lemmy.world 4 points 1 day ago

Yep! The last bit is more of a joke, but the rest is pretty spot on with how the stupid system works. Here's another example of a video explaining US Healthcare.

[-] USNWoodwork@lemmy.world 5 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

The episode of South park where they walk into this 22nd century insurance building and ask to make a claim. They get sent to the "claims office" and it's like they went back in time to the 1980s with dot matrix printers, rotary dial phones, and fax machines.

Here is the link if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAfy26xs6e0

[-] Googlyman64@lemmy.world 3 points 1 day ago

I love BDG, everything he makes is fantastic

this post was submitted on 07 Oct 2024
1847 points (99.3% liked)

Microblog Memes

5522 readers
3499 users here now

A place to share screenshots of Microblog posts, whether from Mastodon, tumblr, ~~Twitter~~ X, KBin, Threads or elsewhere.

Created as an evolution of White People Twitter and other tweet-capture subreddits.

Rules:

1. Please put at least one word relevant to the post in the post title.
  2. Be nice.
  3. No advertising, brand promotion or guerilla marketing.
  4. Posters are encouraged to link to the toot or tweet etc in the description of posts.

Related communities:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS