TBH, that is just a mainstream centrist position now.

https://x.com/HotSpotHotSpot/status/1842955890179313902

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] FALGSConaut@hexbear.net 9 points 2 days ago

That's where I've been, if there is such a thing as a harm reduction candidate I think trump might be it. Ultimately I don't think it matters who wins in November, amerikkka will continue with their wholehearted support of isn'trael, but trump winning might get some libs to oppose him if only in a "he's doing what we want but with the wrong aesthetic" way. However they will be quick to go back to brunch at the earliest possible moment.

I am on the fence if he'd be more or less likely to commit to a war with Iran (assuming it hasn't broken out before his inauguration). One one hand I think he is more war-adverse than current Dems, not for any moral reasons but I think the possibility of losing and looking weak might deter him. The photos of flag covered caskets don't look great on the evening news.

On the other hand I think he would gladly continue airstrikes and drone strikes against people without anti-air capabilities but he might have second thoughts about a war with bad publicity. Though if isn'trael escalates further and amerikkka spins it as "protecting poor little isn'trael" all bets are off.

In any event hopefully Iran announces a successful nuclear test soon and has a more solid deterrence.

this post was submitted on 06 Oct 2024
146 points (96.8% liked)

politics

22212 readers
521 users here now

Protests, dual power, and even electoralism.

Labour and union posts go to !labour@www.hexbear.net.

Take the dunks to /c/strugglesession or !the_dunk_tank@www.hexbear.net.

!chapotraphouse@www.hexbear.net is good for shitposting.

Do not post direct links to reactionary sites.

Off topic posts will be removed.

Follow the Hexbear Code of Conduct and remember we're all comrades here.

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS