submitted 2 days ago by OttoVonNoob@lemmy.ca to c/memes@lemmy.world
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Semi_Hemi_Demigod@lemmy.world 12 points 1 day ago

Some other things to add:

• Stand left, walk right on escalators and moving walkways
  • Do not walk more than two abreast, and be aware that there may be people behind you who want to walk faster.

My main gripe with society is that everyone else is in their own little worlds and I'm stuck in the real one dealing with them all.

[-] Xyre@lemmus.org 6 points 1 day ago

Stand left, walk right on escalators and moving walkways

This may be region-specific. In my area, I generally see it the other way around. But unless you're the only person, it's usually pretty clear which side to stand.

[-] Semi_Hemi_Demigod@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

Yeah, I got it backwards. Unless you're in a former Commonwealth country and you drive on the left

[-] tetris11@lemmy.ml 3 points 1 day ago

Stand left, walk right on escalators and moving walkways

This will get you killed in the UK. People would cheer.

[-] Lennnny@lemmy.world 4 points 1 day ago

Treat yourself like a car and park - I see too many people just stopping in the middle of wherever to check their phone. It's not hard to take a quick glance and find a spot off to the side. They should teach this stuff in schools.

this post was submitted on 05 Oct 2024
1462 points (97.8% liked)

memes

9868 readers
2625 users here now

Community rules

1. Be civilNo trolling, bigotry or other insulting / annoying behaviour

2. No politicsThis is non-politics community. For political memes please go to !politicalmemes@lemmy.world

3. No recent repostsCheck for reposts when posting a meme, you can only repost after 1 month

4. No botsNo bots without the express approval of the mods or the admins

5. No Spam/AdsNo advertisements or spam. This is an instance rule and the only way to live.

Sister communities

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS