you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] 7U5K3N@lemmy.dbzer0.com 215 points 1 day ago

I'm going to bet fox.

Those mofos sound like someone is murdering a 13 yr old girl.

Rabbits sound fucked too...

Coyotes too occasionally...

Or wanton murder. Someone has to be a statistic lol.

[-] oxideseven@lemmy.ca 6 points 1 day ago

Dude. rabbits!

Did not know the horror until family visited and their dog caught one and was playing with it. So terrifying!

[-] SGforce@lemmy.ca 34 points 1 day ago

Rabbits sounds like screaming babies! Nearly had a heart attack when one got stuck in the spokes of a decorative antique bicycle in the garden and the neighbour's cat was swatting at it. My mom was out there crying, trying to pull it out.

[-] Fox@pawb.social 27 points 1 day ago

Must awaken something deep in the mammal brain. There was a video of a wildlife cam where a hawk or something grabbed a rabbit which started screaming, and a deer came running and absolutely stomped the life out of the bird.

[-] Sotuanduso@lemm.ee 17 points 1 day ago
[-] NaibofTabr@infosec.pub 6 points 1 day ago

Thank you for sharing, I had not seen that. Fucking hell. Nature is scary.

[-] multi_regime_enjoyer@lemmy.ml 10 points 1 day ago

There really isn't that big of a difference between our brains! Well, apart from them all dying in agony without any real understanding of what it means to die. Like a trillion babies mauling each other to death every hour. Sweet dreams and be happy we are human!

[-] FlorianSimon@sh.itjust.works 11 points 1 day ago

Dude. That's Bambi 😬

[-] NegativeLookBehind@lemmy.world 4 points 1 day ago

I’ve heard coyotes while trail running through the woods. That sound will definitely make you fucking run faster.

[-] GraniteM@lemmy.world 4 points 23 hours ago

I describe fox noises as sounding like a combination of shock and pain, like someone getting unexpectedly stabbed in the back with a fondue fork at what was up until then a nice party.

[-] 7U5K3N@lemmy.dbzer0.com 1 points 16 hours ago

Lmfao that's hilarious

[-] Wooki@lemmy.world 12 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

You ain't heard shit until you've been camping around koalas alone. It's not okay.

Not quite as long as they get but its women screams:

https://youtu.be/0cPg7_nyoBc

Mating call is satanic:

https://youtu.be/PlxnXMWO-jk

[-] Sylvartas@lemmy.world 10 points 1 day ago

I'm going for the timeless classic : a cat in heat. In my experience they produce a wide variety of "kid getting murdered" sounds

[-] driving_crooner@lemmy.eco.br 21 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

As far as I know they go by pipiripipi pipiripipi ahu ahu ahuuu

[-] psycho_driver@lemmy.world 6 points 1 day ago

I heard they go hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!

[-] blazeknave@lemmy.world 3 points 1 day ago

What does the fox say?

[-] Fester@lemm.ee 16 points 1 day ago

I live in a small city but fairly close to the edge of wooded hills. All sorts of critters venture down around my house. One day, a fox was running around, maybe 50 yards away. It looks at me, runs away a bit, stops and looks back, does it again. I’m on my front porch, near my door. It turns to face me and we lock eyes. Staring contest. We’re having a moment. Suddenly it barks, a gritty high pitched chirp. Felt like an ice cube slid up my butthole.

[-] OhmsLawn@lemmy.world 3 points 1 day ago

They regularly use them as a sound effect in murder mysteries.

Midsummer Murders, in particular, used the fox cry so often that I had to look up what the hell it was

[-] 7U5K3N@lemmy.dbzer0.com 1 points 16 hours ago

Huh that's really interesting. I didn't know that.

[-] EatATaco@lemm.ee 4 points 1 day ago

Yeah we have a bunch in our neighborhood and when they start going off it's terrifying.

[-] Assman@sh.itjust.works 5 points 1 day ago
[-] wesker@lemmy.sdf.org 6 points 1 day ago

They are the ghost of a murdered 13 year old girl.

this post was submitted on 04 Oct 2024
350 points (95.1% liked)

Greentext

4130 readers
2640 users here now

This is a place to share greentexts and witness the confounding life of Anon. If you're new to the Greentext community, think of it as a sort of zoo with Anon as the main attraction.

Be warned:

If you find yourself getting angry (or god forbid, agreeing) with something Anon has said, you might be doing it wrong.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS