you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] lobut@lemmy.ca 5 points 7 hours ago

I eventually want to see Megalopolis too.

I like watching art house movies and then figuring out what I don't like about it. Even the ones everyone loves. Magnolia was one people loved and I just didn't get.

[-] Rolando@lemmy.world 2 points 4 hours ago

I like watching art house movies and then figuring out what I don’t like about it.

Have you seen Aimy in a Cage? It's a great example of that. It's an art house film that does many things right, but unfortunately "something" wrong (I think related to editing or cinematography) so it's not very good.

[-] TrickDacy@lemmy.world 3 points 6 hours ago

Yeah, well the thing is for me a lot of those types of movies are great but some are absolute trash. And then there are some that I have a lot of mixed feelings about. I don't really get most David Lynch movies for example, but I've rarely felt like watching them were a waste of time because at least you'll see something interesting. Then there's total bizarre experience films. I have no fucking clue what Holy Mountain was, but I was fascinated by it.

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 2 points 5 hours ago

I could not get through The Holy Mountain. I like some art films, but not the ones that drag. That one seriously dragged.

[-] TrickDacy@lemmy.world 3 points 5 hours ago

I sort of enjoyed it. Like I said, it was bizarre and confusing but I'm glad weird movies like that can be made sometimes. If nothing else just to explore what can be done on film.

[-] FlyingSquid@lemmy.world 2 points 5 hours ago

I'm all for exploration and experimentation in films. I just couldn't get through that one.

Peter Greenaway has made some fun art films. They often poke fun at themselves. My favorite is Vertical Features Remake, which is on this Russian streaming site for some reason, but you can watch it there in English for free, so what the hell...

https://ok.ru/video/6301559294652

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_Features_Remake

[-] Denjin@lemmings.world 1 points 5 hours ago

The issue with this film however seems to be that not only is it incoherent and rambling, it's also incredibly dull.

[-] TrickDacy@lemmy.world 2 points 5 hours ago

Have you seen it or are you just repeating other people's opinions?

[-] Denjin@lemmings.world 2 points 4 hours ago

I literally said seems to be

this post was submitted on 03 Oct 2024
242 points (98.8% liked)

Microblog Memes

5485 readers
2701 users here now

A place to share screenshots of Microblog posts, whether from Mastodon, tumblr, ~~Twitter~~ X, KBin, Threads or elsewhere.

Created as an evolution of White People Twitter and other tweet-capture subreddits.

Rules:

1. Please put at least one word relevant to the post in the post title.
  2. Be nice.
  3. No advertising, brand promotion or guerilla marketing.
  4. Posters are encouraged to link to the toot or tweet etc in the description of posts.

Related communities:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS