submitted 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago) by BountifulEggnog@hexbear.net to c/games@hexbear.net

After Yuzu got shut down I'm not sure what this leaves people with for switch emulators. I'm going to try and find archives and will update the post when I do.

Last windows build: archive.org

Slightly older, but has linux and mac builds archive.org

Okay there we go, a github mirror: https://git.naxdy.org/Mirror/Ryujinx

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] JoeByeThen@hexbear.net 42 points 2 days ago

Everything cool needs to be hosted as a hidden service on tor and funded by monero.

[-] doublepepperoni@hexbear.net 22 points 2 days ago

I don't think you can make emulators that are as nice as Ryujinx/RPCS3/Dolphin the same way you make cracked Android apps

[-] JoeByeThen@hexbear.net 23 points 2 days ago

Well apparently you can't make emulators that are as nice as Ryujinx/RPCS3/Dolphin anymore anyway, so there's your options. Tor is easily capable of handling some git servers and forums. Plus the more people that use Tor and Monero the safer and more anonymous they become.

[-] doublepepperoni@hexbear.net 17 points 2 days ago

I know, I'm just saying that sort of environment is going to attract much less developers

[-] JoeByeThen@hexbear.net 8 points 2 days ago

The only game in town can become popular pretty fast.

[-] doublepepperoni@hexbear.net 9 points 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago)

The dynamic would be very different. Emulation development has become seen as a safe and fulfilling hobby and side project for talented developers. If it was treated more akin to cracking Photoshop there'd be way less people lining up to have a go at it

[-] JoeByeThen@hexbear.net 13 points 2 days ago

#MakeHackingCoolAgain

this post was submitted on 01 Oct 2024
143 points (100.0% liked)

games

20450 readers
527 users here now

Tabletop, DnD, board games, and minecraft. Also Animal Crossing.

Rules

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS