submitted 9 hours ago* (last edited 1 hour ago) by simple@lemm.ee to c/games@lemmy.world

Wow, this is awful. Some people reported that these ads are also very petty and not necessarily related to the game, like apparently Elden Ring shows an ad for a licensed mousepad when you hover over the game now...

Edit: Playstation Product Manager says this is actually a new bug. I really doubt it but they do seem to be "fixing it".

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Awesomo85@sh.itjust.works 31 points 4 hours ago

$700 gets you a pretty nice PC these days.....

[-] Flamekebab@piefed.social 22 points 3 hours ago
[-] celsiustimeline@lemmy.dbzer0.com 6 points 3 hours ago

Or one Steam Deck if you are in Canada!

[-] celsiustimeline@lemmy.dbzer0.com 2 points 3 hours ago

Hmmm, I don't know about "pretty nice". You'd be lucky to build something with a 12th gen i5 and a 3060 for under $1000. More like you can get a serviceable PC that runs 1080p games at 60fps, but no AAA title from the past 5 years will perform reliably.

[-] BigPotato@lemmy.world 4 points 2 hours ago

I'm still using a 1070ti and hitting stable 60fps with newer games. Medium to low settings, usually but most slow down comes from poor optimization since I'm running a 12th Gen and regularly see medium usage on both GPU and CPU.

[-] GladiusB@lemmy.world 4 points 2 hours ago

It's still worth it for the freedom and then upgrade with time

this post was submitted on 30 Sep 2024
425 points (99.8% liked)

Games

31932 readers
2174 users here now

Welcome to the largest gaming community on Lemmy! Discussion for all kinds of games. Video games, tabletop games, card games etc.

Weekly Threads:

What Are You Playing?

The Weekly Discussion Topic

Rules:

1. Submissions have to be related to games

2. No bigotry or harassment, be civil

3. No excessive self-promotion

4. Stay on-topic; no memes, funny videos, giveaways, reposts, or low-effort posts

5. Mark Spoilers and NSFW

6. No linking to piracy

More information about the community rules can be found here.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS