you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world 40 points 1 day ago

It’s only close because of our broken electoral process that gives land more influence than citizens. He didn’t even win the popular vote for his first term.

[-] elbucho@lemmy.world 24 points 1 day ago

Not sure how that's supposed to ease the anxiety of Canadians.

[-] UristMcHolland@lemmy.world 11 points 1 day ago

Maybe they should build a wall to keep the Americans out

[-] qprimed@lemmy.ml 7 points 1 day ago

hopefully they will make us pay for it.

[-] tootoughtoremember@lemmy.world 7 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

National polling has Kamala up by +6 at best. Seems like 44%+ of ~~Americans~~ those polled seem comfortable and supportive of Trump. The fact it is that close at a national level, with all Haitians eating cats rhetoric, still seems insane to an outsider.

Edit: Updated to appease those saying 44%+ of those polled who say they support Trump is not an accurate reflection of Americans at-large. For reference, Trump won 46.1% of the popular vote in 2016 and 46.8% of the popular vote in 2020.

[-] GrindingGears@lemmy.ca 3 points 1 day ago

Hilary was polling at roughly the same numbers as close as two weeks before that election he won back in 2016, if I remember correctly. It was looking like a clean sweep for her, and it was anything but. So don't get comfortable yet.

[-] tootoughtoremember@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

Yep, almost the exact same spread in the national polls, and still lost. Absolutely no comfort for me with numbers where they are.

[-] Riven@lemmy.dbzer0.com 3 points 1 day ago

It's not 44 percent of Americans. It's 44 percent of the people poled. I can guarantee that number is skewed because a ton of left leaning people wouldn't bother wasting their time not getting paid to answer some pole. I know my friends and I are in that boat.

[-] homesweethomeMrL@lemmy.world 4 points 1 day ago

It’s 44% of all those people polled who are registered voters.

It seems insane to us “insiders” too.

[-] TheTetrapod@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

Don't pollsters account for this? There's a reason why polling still exists and is talked about, the final results do reflect reality to some degree.

“poled” 😂😅

[-] grue@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

The point is, anything more than negligible is fucking nuts!

Even if it's 44% of just idiot luddite conservatives, that's still 44% of idiot luddite conservatives too many!

[-] michaelmrose@lemmy.world 1 points 14 hours ago

Wait until you find out that 30-40% of Americans believe god magicked the universe into being as is less than 10k years ago and fossils are from noahs flood in which he saved 2 of every animal in a boat the size of texas.

[-] disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world 1 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Most polls are performed by calling landlines. The majority of people with landlines are elderly or own businesses.

[-] KenLin@lemmy.one 1 points 14 hours ago

There is no way the pollsters don't know this and account for it

this post was submitted on 30 Sep 2024
642 points (98.5% liked)

Political Memes

5281 readers
4290 users here now

Welcome to politcal memes!

These are our rules:

Be civilJokes are okay, but don’t intentionally harass or disturb any member of our community. Sexism, racism and bigotry are not allowed. Good faith argumentation only. No posts discouraging people to vote or shaming people for voting.

No misinformationDon’t post any intentional misinformation. When asked by mods, provide sources for any claims you make.

Posts should be memesRandom pictures do not qualify as memes. Relevance to politics is required.

No bots, spam or self-promotionFollow instance rules, ask for your bot to be allowed on this community.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS