you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Empricorn@feddit.nl 1 points 6 days ago

Who... are you arguing with? Did you read any of my comment at all? The yellow paint is already here to stay! I'm saying give the players the choice to enable it or not. That's all! They're putting it in the game anyway...

[-] Randomguy@lemm.ee 0 points 6 days ago

Who... are you arguing with?

You?

Did you read any of my comment at all?

Yeah?

I'm saying give the players the choice to enable it or not.

And I'm saying that by giving a choice at all, you're already failing the players that don't want it. Aka, not a "everyone wins".

My point is that yellow paint isn't bad because it's ugly or breaks immersion, it is bad because there can be good design that communicates the same thing without being ugly and immersion breaking.

Removing the former doesn't suddenly bring the latter into existence.

The yellow paint is already here to stay!

I'm arguing that it shouldn't.

[-] todd_bonzalez@lemm.ee 2 points 6 days ago

I'm saying that by giving a choice at all, you're already failing the players that don't want it.

"It's not enough that I can choose not to have yellow paint, I should be able to choose for everyone else too."

[-] Empricorn@feddit.nl 3 points 6 days ago

Any time you're anti-choice, you're probably in the wrong...

[-] Randomguy@lemm.ee 1 points 6 days ago

Imagine you have to go to the grocery store (interact with an item), but it's far, so you can't (the game has bad readability).

Someone makes cars (yellow paint).

Post OP says: fuck cars (yellow paint).

Comment OP says: I think we should be able to choose between having cars or walking (having yellow paint or not).

I'm saying: this option sucks (having yellow paint or nothing), we should have good public transport instead (good art/environment design that doesn't cause confusion).

Is that a hot take?

[-] todd_bonzalez@lemm.ee 1 points 5 days ago

Okay, I don't like cars either, and I don't own one. I also acknowledge that most people have cars and want to use them. I can still walk to the grocery store, I do it literally every time I go. People are still driving cars, and I'm still walking.

[-] bane_killgrind@slrpnk.net 2 points 6 days ago

It's really tame what on earth is with the downvotes

[-] Empricorn@feddit.nl 0 points 6 days ago

Hey buddy, FUCK YOU!!! I'm gonna downvote your tits off!

(And they say the internet raises anonymous hostility in online discussions)

this post was submitted on 24 Sep 2024
318 points (95.7% liked)

Greentext

4105 readers
1001 users here now

This is a place to share greentexts and witness the confounding life of Anon. If you're new to the Greentext community, think of it as a sort of zoo with Anon as the main attraction.

Be warned:

If you find yourself getting angry (or god forbid, agreeing) with something Anon has said, you might be doing it wrong.

founded 11 months ago
MODERATORS